Vaccination centres

• 55 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Vaccination centres
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2021, 11:11 »
My mum got hers but had to travel a small distance as her local surgery didn't have the kit to store the Pfizer jabs.  A local cab company were doing a deal - £20 all in and they wait for you to come out and take you straight home again.

It is worth checking if anyone local to you is doing the same if you can't drive yourself  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2021, 11:23 »
Locally, we have a voluntary 'taxi' service, available to the elderly/infirm for hospital/physio appointments that charge a token fee - they have extended the service to cover vaccinations.
So yes, well worth doing a search locally to see if there's something similar near you  :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2021, 11:33 »
Saturday's number of vaccinations given was fantastic - they're really getting this one right. Looking forward to getting our jabs in due course, probably March.
My 77 year old neighbour had his on Saturday :)
My pal in France will be getting his in 2023/24 at the present rate - but he's got a lot of wine to drown his sorrows whilst he waits.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Growster...

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2021, 06:05 »
Mrs Growster and I had the call last week, and were invited to Headcorn Aerodrome on Sunday morning!

It was almost a carnival affair, with smiling faces everywhere!

It's so good to see the 'normal' (as opposed to the 'idiot') press and even the BBC, ringing the praises for the way UK Inc. has got its act together! Contrary to their usual negativity, there's not much to moan about now so maybe we'll get even more good news in the next few weeks...

jezza

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2021, 15:42 »
Hello I though that the injections were given then a 15 minute sit in case of problems,I know 3 people that have been to York and never been told to sit for 15 minutes,my uncle had his last Monday and was violently sick on the way home and was unwell Tuesday and Wednesday   jezza

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2021, 15:45 »
Not all the vaccines have the 15 min wait time- only the ones that have a risk of an allergic reaction.
People react differently and feeling unwell for a few days is within the normal range.

I hope he's feeling better now.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2021, 18:51 »
Worzel and I had our first jabs today. 

Very efficient.  15 min socially distanced sit down afterwards just in case we had a funny reaction (no idea how they’d tell with Worzel  :wacko:)

jaydig

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2021, 17:24 »
i had my first one today at my surgery.  Really well organised, straight in and didn't feel a thing. Fifteen minutes' waiting and back home again.  Hopefully my husband will have his soon, but when I checked with his surgery to make sure his details were correct, we found that they had de-registered him because he hadn't been for such a long time (42 years).  Re-registered this morning, and should hear soon about an appointment.

jezza

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2021, 09:49 »
Hello my mother got a call yesterday saying they were the surgery, the person with the indian accent started asking about her medical history ,I got suspicious as her medication info should have been at hand,my mother hung up, I dialled 1471 the number was from London I called it got sorry the person you called is not available,i went down to the surgery and asked if they had an outside agent booking Covid vaccines ,answer no     jezza
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 10:16 by New shoot »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2021, 10:22 »
You were right to be suspicious jezza.  If they have to ask you for details, it is dodgy.  If it was the surgery calling, they would know exactly what your history was as it can affect the type of vaccine they offer you.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2021, 10:28 »
There's a lot of crooks out there and there's no depth they won't sink too. Good save, jezza

xx
Garden Centres

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post June 19, 2019, 19:24
by sospan
xx
Wyevale Garden Centres

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post August 03, 2018, 21:33
by Growster...

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 50 queries.