I need help with my second Passiflora

• 2 Replies

Broadhaven

• Experienced Member
I need help with my second Passiflora
« on: June 14, 2010, 20:22 »
I am on my second Passiflora ! the first one P Caerula died on me. I decided to dig it up and put it in a pot in my greenhouse. Lo and behold it has sprung into life!! I then bought a second to replace it, this was the P Victoria. Also this looks like it dying on me. Just been out to inspect it and it has white fly (I think )on the back of the leaves, so just give it a spray. It is on a south facing wall but is partly sheltered from the sun. Can anyone suggest anything. I have got room on an east facing fence if need be.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: I need help with my second Passiflora
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 18:03 »
I'm afraid I don't know, hopefully someone else will have grown it and can assist.

Does the RHS website have a guide to the growing conditions ideal for this plant?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Arbutus

Re: I need help with my second Passiflora
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 17:48 »
I am on my second Passiflora ! the first one P Caerula died on me. I decided to dig it up and put it in a pot in my greenhouse. Lo and behold it has sprung into life!! I then bought a second to replace it, this was the P Victoria. Also this looks like it dying on me. Just been out to inspect it and it has white fly (I think )on the back of the leaves, so just give it a spray. It is on a south facing wall but is partly sheltered from the sun. Can anyone suggest anything. I have got room on an east facing fence if need be.

Hi there,

'Victora' is a form of Passiflora x violacea, which is a hybrid between the hardy P. caerulea & less hardy P. racemosa. It's not as hardy as your caerulea, but will take temps down to about -6°C. It really needs to be on a south-facing wall, with as much warmth as possible in a rich but very well-drained soil (they hate water-logging of any kind).  When happy they can grow pretty rapidly and the more light you give them the better the flowering will be.

xx
Passiflora

Started by Casey76 on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post March 17, 2011, 15:11
by mumofstig
xx
Passiflora Edulis (Passion Fruit)

Started by pepsi100 on General Gardening

12 Replies
Last post September 08, 2013, 21:59
by pepsi100

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 37 queries.