moss

• 3 Replies

Fairy Plotmother

moss
« on: March 01, 2014, 13:11 »
Over the years I have done everything to have a moss and weed free front lawn. I have decided that this year we are going to have a showdown. I am going to apply lawns sand .....again, I am going to rake .......again, I am going to aerate .......again. More care will be taken with the mowing ( take heed Plotfather). If my lawn is not near perfect by the end of the season......it's coming up and being replaced with ??????? Suggestions on a postcard........

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: moss
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 16:10 »
My front garden last year had in it:

- sweet pea obelisk
- rows of beetroot
- row each of red Russian and black kale
- sunflowers
- lavender edging next to the path / drive
- cosmos round the edges

The previous year it was lots of courgettes and squash in addition to the sunflowers / lavender / cosmos.

The previous year there were squash and onions in addition to the cosmos / lavender.

My garden is an endless source of interest for the passers-by on their way into town!!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 16:36 »
Over the years I have done everything to have a moss and weed free front lawn. I have decided that this year we are going to have a showdown. I am going to apply lawns sand .....again, I am going to rake .......again, I am going to aerate .......again. More care will be taken with the mowing ( take heed Plotfather). If my lawn is not near perfect by the end of the season......it's coming up and being replaced with ??????? Suggestions on a postcard........
I wondered where this post went! I have just re replied to sadgit's post....which is where this one was supposed to be. Must be my finger being too big for my new ipad!!!!!!!! :D

fatcat1955

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 17:12 »
Check the ph of the soil. You probably need to lime it.

xx
Moss

Started by visionwf on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post December 12, 2009, 23:35
by viettaclark
xx
Moss

Started by rich24uk on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post June 12, 2008, 08:10
by Aunt Sally
xx
Get rid of moss

Started by amiman on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post February 24, 2020, 19:57
by jezza
xx
moss on other plants

Started by sundiaye on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post July 13, 2012, 14:57
by cheshirecheese

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 38 queries.