McCulloch Identity

• 4 Replies

lfcevans

• Experienced Member
McCulloch Identity
« on: May 04, 2008, 21:02 »
My sister had trouble with her McCulloch Lawn mower and asked me to look at it for her. I got it running but it was surging all the time, so decided to bring it to my place to have a better look. I had a quick browse on here and saw some links for Briggs and Stratton and checked them out hoping to get a  PDF file to check the workings on these mowers, but the model number on the Mower isnt listed.
The model number is LM3846SD Seems strange that its not listed, Anyone know of another model that has the same engine so I can order parts and get a blow up of the engine somewhere?

dorimower

• Experienced Member
McCulloch Identity
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 07:55 »
Hello,
  I'm not sure if you mean you have tried the McCulloch numbers on the Briggs & Stratton website..??

For the Briggs & Stratton website you will need the engine numbers rather than mower model number.

Somewhere on the the tin work of all Briggs & Stratton engines will be a set of stamped in numbers..unique to the engine. These will be 3 sets of numbers (& letters on newer models)....Model..Type..Code.  These will be the ones to use on the B & S website...which should, I think, enable you to download an operators manual (not repair manual) and also a parts list.

Hope this helps,

"Dori"

lfcevans

• Experienced Member
McCulloch Identity
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 18:39 »
Yes, sorry.

Its a McCulloch Mower, but has a Briggs and stratton engine, I checked on the McCulloch website for the mower model, but it wasnt on there.

I`ll check for the engine number and go look at the B+S website

Thanks

lfcevans

• Experienced Member
McCulloch Identity
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 19:30 »
I have found the manual to the code on the mower engine, but its not very helpful really, I was expecting better to be honest.

I`ve had a scout on the link about "small engines"  and that was a bit better, but still got no idea as to whats causing it.

Just in case anyone reading this has an idea.....The engine starts second pull every time, seems to run fine, then after a few seconds(about 10) it starts to surge continuously. It will mow the grass, and the self propel works but obviously surging. I`ve noticed its using quite abit of fuel for not a lot of work....wonder if its using to much, I dont know how much they should use really as I only have and old suffolk colt to compare it to.

I`ve stripped the carb and cleaned everything out including all filters, and reasembled it meticulously, and I cant see any problems.

SpudtheBinx

• Experienced Member
    • dave and becca blog
McCulloch Identity
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 12:38 »
It could be the diaphragm on the carb is leaking. If you can identify the carb you might be able to get a service kit for it. I did it on my ryobi cultivator and only cost me £7

xx
McCulloch Shredder

Started by Veg Plot 1B on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:18
by Veg Plot 1B
xx
McCulloch 210 strimmer

Started by Aidy on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post August 23, 2020, 15:35
by jezza
xx
Mcculloch Mac 4261

Started by shedmeister on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post June 19, 2021, 22:46
by shedmeister
clip
rotovator identity

Started by kasey on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post April 15, 2017, 16:26
by pipfit

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 38 queries.