Connecting soil pipe to MDPE pipe...

• 4 Replies

savbo

Connecting soil pipe to MDPE pipe...
« on: August 04, 2011, 15:46 »
Hi all

I'm designing a rainwater collection system and was planning on having a section of 110mm soil pipe, with a socket plug in the base, as the receiving waterbutt (for reasons of space), connected by a siphoning MDPE pipe to one or more IBCs.

Does anyone know if there's anything off the shelf to make connecting the soil pipe to the MDPE easy? I've had a quick look through Toolstation catalogue but haven't spotted any soil pipe accessories with a small enough gauge (25 or 32mm).

If not I'll probably just put a length of MDPE down to the bottom of the soil pipe...

savbo

smud6ie

Re: Connecting soil pipe to MDPE pipe...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 15:57 »
Hi all

I'm designing a rainwater collection system and was planning on having a section of 110mm soil pipe, with a socket plug in the base, as the receiving waterbutt (for reasons of space), connected by a siphoning MDPE pipe to one or more IBCs.

Does anyone know if there's anything off the shelf to make connecting the soil pipe to the MDPE easy? I've had a quick look through Toolstation catalogue but haven't spotted any soil pipe accessories with a small enough gauge (25 or 32mm).

If not I'll probably just put a length of MDPE down to the bottom of the soil pipe...

savbo

Put an end cap on the soil pipe then  drill to screw in a suitable mdpe fitting like a tank connector.I you don't want to use an end cap the circumference of the soil pipe may be sufficient to do the fixing through the sidewall
smud6ie

http://www.pipestock.com/mdpe/threaded-fittings/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 16:14 by smud6ie »

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 16:35 »
This is annoying, I have all the Plasson literature under the sun at work but I can't get onto their website from here to look at it without registering. Anyhoo, the reason is that they do some large and universal/multi-purpose fittings and you can step down quite surprisingly large sizes to 32, 25 or even 20mm.

Why not track down your local supplier and have a chat with them, The stuff is not cheap but very good! :) On the other hand ::), I have just found THIS SITE which could give you some ideas and appears to sell at less than list! :D
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

savbo

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 10:15 »
Thanks argyllie, that's just the info I needed. If I get this up and running I'll post some pics...

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 10:33 »
Look forward to it! :D

xx
Which Diameter MDPE Pipe to use?

Started by cadalot on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post November 15, 2012, 22:31
by cadalot
xx
MDPE Pipe for Cloches

Started by kiwinicks on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post April 01, 2011, 16:32
by TerryB
xx
Stopper for 110mm soil pipe

Started by savbo on Design and Construction

12 Replies
Last post April 13, 2012, 12:32
by jrko
xx
Any suggestions for what to use a piece of pipe for?

Started by PurplePixie on Design and Construction

23 Replies
Last post February 09, 2012, 21:02
by Griffete

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 39 queries.