The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!

• 4196 Replies

hamstergbert

Re: The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!
« Reply #3210 on: November 18, 2015, 12:27 »
........and investigators in County Clare discovered what at first appeared to be a mass grave of snowmen but which on further examination turned out to be a field of carrots.
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

Goosegirl

« Reply #3211 on: November 18, 2015, 12:46 »
It was a school boy, favourite - dog latin.  But it I agree, Yorkie.  We don't really need any more now, best to keep the topic inclusive to all members.
Yorkie's kind quote from the site policy states "Proper English is best" so may I point out some fundamental errors in your last post. You mis-spelt the word school which I now see has recently been corrected; there should be no comma after the word "boy," the word "Latin" is spelled with a capital "L" and "but it I agree" does not make any sense at all. We all live and learn.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3212 on: November 18, 2015, 12:55 »
........and investigators in County Clare discovered what at first appeared to be a mass grave of snowmen but which on further examination turned out to be a field of carrots.

That is so daft, but has had me rolling around laughing  :lol:

Goosegirl

« Reply #3213 on: November 18, 2015, 13:12 »
So love "The Snow man" so could have discovered a new coal mine!  :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3214 on: November 18, 2015, 13:20 »
It was a school boy, favourite - dog latin.  But it I agree, Yorkie.  We don't really need any more now, best to keep the topic inclusive to all members.
Yorkie's kind quote from the site policy states "Proper English is best" so may I point out some fundamental errors in your last post. You mis-spelt the word school which I now see has recently been corrected; there should be no comma after the word "boy," the word "Latin" is spelled with a capital "L" and "but it I agree" does not make any sense at all. We all live and learn.

Thank you for your comments, GG.  Yes, you have found me out.  I am serverly dyslexic and the new tablet I'm using has no spell checker.   Good job we don't use hand writing here, I can't read that at all!

rogerbodger

« Reply #3215 on: November 18, 2015, 16:31 »
Following the theme of Irish historians and investigators ...

After having dug to a depth of 10 metres last year, Scottish scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Scots, in the weeks that followed, English scientists dug to a depth of 20 metres, and shortly after, headlines in the English newspapers read: 'English archaeologists have found traces of 200 year old copper wire and have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the Scots.'

One week later, 'The Kerryman,' a southwest Irish newsletter, reported the following: 'After digging as deep as 30 metres in peat bog near Tralee, Paddy O'Toole, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing..

Paddy has therefore concluded that 300 years ago Ireland had already gone wireless.'

Snoop

« Reply #3216 on: November 18, 2015, 17:17 »
Rogerbodger, that was absolutely brilliant!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #3217 on: November 18, 2015, 17:44 »
Knowledge is knowing that Latin is spelt with a capital, wisdom is knowing that nobody loves a smart-alec.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3218 on: November 18, 2015, 19:33 »
Well said  :)

I got told this one today.

A man was sitting at home when he heard a knock on the door.  He opened it to find a snail on the doorstep, which he picked up and threw as far as he could.
Three years later, there is a knock at the door and the man opens it to find the same snail, who demands furiously 'What on earth was that all about?'

I'll get my coat  :lol:

hamstergbert

« Reply #3219 on: November 19, 2015, 23:10 »
In the Trappist monastery all the brothers had taken a vow of total silence.   
However, the new Abbott decided that as an incentive, the brother who had shown himself to be most devout over the year could speak eight words to the assembled brothers in the refectory on New Year's Eve.

The first year, Brother Thomas was declared the most devout, and on New Year's Eve he stood before the assembled brethren and said "I hate the lumpy mashed potatoes we get!"  He then sat down.
The following year, Brother Francis was the winner, and on New Year's Eve he stood and declared "I hate the boiled cabbage - it's really tasteless!"  He then sat down.
The following year Brother Sebastian was singled out.  On New Years Eve he stood and said "Please stop perpetually whingeing about food!  Pax Vobiscum!"

The next year Brother Simon declared "Pax Vobiscum?  No Latin - the moderators will whinge!"

The year after that Brother Peter mumbled "Think I preferred everyone whingeing about the food!"

After that the Abbbot discontinued the practice...

cadalot

« Reply #3220 on: November 20, 2015, 07:59 »
A centurion walks into a bar and asks for a Martinus. The barman says, "Don't you mean a Martini?" The centurion responds, "No - if I wanted a double, I’d have asked for one!"

Another centurion walls into the bar and hold up two fingers and says "five beers please"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 08:02 by cadalot »

hamstergbert

« Reply #3221 on: November 20, 2015, 20:24 »
Roman hoteliers were not sure if one particular guest was illiterate or simply named Mr Ten

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #3222 on: November 20, 2015, 20:45 »
Just to lighten the mood a little........

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/video/4612389865001/?ref=vidshare

Br

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3223 on: November 21, 2015, 08:09 »
Just to lighten the mood a little........

Good idea.  It is 'The Daily Funny - Give us a laugh' after all  ;)

And that did - Mad for it!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Chrysalis

« Reply #3224 on: November 21, 2015, 11:44 »
Mmm! Crumpets!! :D :D :D

xx
give us our daily bread

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post March 13, 2022, 09:54
by lettice
xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
laugh or cry .... you decide.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

45 Replies
Last post January 16, 2019, 13:26
by Goosegirl
xx
A funny mis-read.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 03, 2023, 17:44
by wighty

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 51 queries.