where to get Vaccinations?

• 6 Replies

uktitan

where to get Vaccinations?
« on: January 31, 2011, 16:20 »
Peepeeps and I have been looking everywhere for info on where to get Vaccinations from for things like Nobilis MG6/85 (mycoplasma) we can find Loads on info about the diseases and who makes them or who discovered them etc etc etc but cant seem to find Anything about where to actually GET the darn things from lol
I now have the chicken bug woot i love the Poland's

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: where to get Vaccinations?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 17:19 »
vaccinations are given from day old onwards and are available in batches of 1000, so as a backyard poultry keeper the chances are - a)  your birds are too old and b) you don't have enough birds to warrant giving these vaccinations. Also there are so many you would need to give. You would need to buy the gun to administer some (others are given in their water). Realistically unless you are going to spend a lot of money and time doing this and keep thousands of birds it isn't a viable thing to do.
Please note that myco can be passed down from the hen to the egg so breeding with a bird that has had myco is a nono  :(
Staffies are softer than you think.

Sassy

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:33 »
I'm sure I've read that they can still get Myco even if vaccinated :(
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

Chookiechook

• riverside quails
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 08:49 »
and can still carry Mareks but not develope the tumours (but can pass it on)..... distant memory so could be wrong :(
I love Pekins, Polands and Seramas :) and eggs!!!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 10:01 »
Even vaccinated chickens can die, ask grumpydad!  I thnk the worse thing is if the chickens already have something when they come to you.  As long as your ground is clean, i.e. not had other chickens on it before, and your housekeeping is good, then they should be okay.

The only couple of problems I've ever had was from chickens brought in from someone, and I had one small bout of cocci, possibly from infected eggs put in my incubator, as the chicks in question were in a clean brooder shed at the time.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 10:28 »
the only problems I have had have been from birds bought in - all died  :(. I did have myco in one bird but she only ever had the one bout and never any recurrences so all in all just be careful where you buy your stock whether eggs or birds. Visit the place they come from and if in any doubt do not buy (wish I had followed my own advice).

Casey76

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 19:02 »
You can buy MG Bac from an online pharmacy in South Africa... but it is £70 for one single 1000 dose vial, which must be discarded once it is opened for use.

Nobilis MG 6/85 is a MOM-V, so you must get it from your vet... though I doubt it will be any more cost efficient!

xx
Vaccinations

Started by Kate and her Ducks on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 26, 2009, 17:03
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Vaccinations?

Started by mickwood on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 13, 2008, 16:45
by mickwood
xx
vaccinations

Started by kfoxey on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 03, 2011, 09:23
by Sassy
xx
VACCINATIONS!!

Started by chickenlady on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 31, 2008, 23:02
by chickenlady

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 40 queries.