Rabbit has just been spayed..

• 3 Replies

chloe

• Experienced Member
Rabbit has just been spayed..
« on: October 26, 2011, 21:46 »
my rabbit has just been spayed today and i got her home about 6 and she was very stressed. She's now in her indoor cage inside with me and she's been drinking and eating very small amounts of grass and dandy lions. However she doesn't seem very lively at all .. shoulld i be concerned or is this normal for a rabbit to do this after been spayed? Also she's shaking a bit.. has anyone had this behavious if they've got their rabbit nuteruerd or spayed? Thanks

maxyboo

Re: Rabbit has just been spayed..
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 22:31 »
Rabbits do get stressed very easily and can seem to take a while to get back to normal after an op. There is not much you can do except keep her warm, dry and somewhere quiet. I have had rabbits who seem to shake slightly when they are ill or in pain. You rabbit is probably feeling poorly and sore and any painkiller they gave may be wearing off. I would try and check on her overnight but really leave her to rest. If you are really worried then ring the vet for advice but the fact that she has eaten and drunk is a good sign. Keep an eye out for any wee and poos. She may wee and stay sitting in it so keep an eye out for this as well as she will get cold very quickly. If she is no better in the morning then ring the vet. I have had rabbits who act no differently after an op and others who take a day or two to recover. Try not to worry too much just yet as it is early days. (Easier said than done I know). I hope she feels better by morning.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 06:23 »
Rabbits are extremely sensitive to general anaesthetic. I hope she is feeling better this morning.  :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

chloe

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 08:36 »
Thanks for the help - she''s much better today but she isn't pooing or doing any wee's .. she's seeing the vet tomorrow for a check up so i will ask then :)

xx
Rabbit Pregnancy.. AGAIN

Started by chloe on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post March 19, 2011, 21:37
by Gerty333
xx
Rabbit Cages.

Started by fuzzy1983 on Pets without Feathers

19 Replies
Last post April 24, 2012, 10:57
by ANHBUC
xx
Pregnant rabbit? ..

Started by chloe on Pets without Feathers

20 Replies
Last post November 21, 2010, 14:20
by evie2
xx
Pet rabbit diets

Started by jimthejimjim on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post May 28, 2011, 10:42
by SnooziSuzi

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 38 queries.