Sneezy, runny colds

• 6 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

Sneezy, runny colds
« on: February 09, 2023, 11:02 »
In the past, a head-cold has always cleared up after a few days. Not this one. No other symptoms, just a permanently runny nose and constant sneezing after over four weeks since it first started. Anyone else? Any advice welcomed. Is this a new strain or is it just a function of getting to 80 years old?

madcat

Re: Sneezy, runny colds
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 11:42 »
Could it be an allergic reaction to something?  Might be worth trying an anti-histamine course for a few days.

(I always thought that one grew out of allergies but no - I grew into my springtime explosions at about 60, hazel catkins and pussy willow always start me off now.  :(  As the season goes on either the  pollen types dont irritate or I get used to it, but as the days start to warm up ...)
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 14:51 »
Brother in law has had cough/cold with fluctuating temperature for nearly 6 weeks.  He got a face to face appointment with the GP, apparently it's a virus so there's nothing they can do. 

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 16:49 »
Just been and bought a pack of antihistamine tablets. Will report back in a few days if they cure it

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 16:49 »
There's a lot of it about right now. Where we've been avoiding people over the last couple of years our immunity has dropped considerably, so we're catching bugs that we were previously pretty much immune to.
Hope you start to feel better soon 
fingers crossed.png

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 09:50 »
Quite an eye-opener. Just on 2nd day of antihistamines and my cold has dried up!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 10:38 »
Next job is finding out what you are allergic to, could be anything  ::)

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 46 queries.