there hatching!!!

• 6 Replies

massa

• Experienced Member
there hatching!!!
« on: April 13, 2011, 18:41 »
well they are starting to hatch! first chick out was one of the Hubbards day before yesterday then i had one of the Cream Legbars hatch last night then 3 more of the legbars today! its all so eggciting!!! fingers crossed some of the others hatch soon! ill stick some pics on later when they have all fluffed up and there in the brooder! quick question tho, 3 legbars are dark and one is light (almost the same colour as the hubbard chick) i know they are sex linked but which is which?

Casey76

Re: there hatching!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 18:57 »
To see the differences in chick down for the legbars you can check here: http://www.cream-legbar.co.uk/gallery.html about halfway down the page :)

massa

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 19:00 »
thanks casey!

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 10:10 »
Must be a great feeling for you.  The chicks on the link are soooo cute.  Can't wait to see pics of your new additions Massa.                     
"No you can't have any" - "But I have plenty of room for more" - "You might have plenty of room but you still can't have any."  Sorry just talking to myself.   :wub:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

gracie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 12:23 »
To see the differences in chick down for the legbars you can check here: http://www.cream-legbar.co.uk/gallery.html about halfway down the page :)

Casey the make legbar with the cream spot on the head is that charachteristic of a male or could that be either sex. I have a dark chick with the same yellow/cream spot. It has quite short feathers as well, possibly part Maran. Instinct has made us think it is a boy.

Casey76

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 16:28 »
The headspot is typical of barred chickens.  Males have two copies of the barring gene, so the head spot tends to be large, and it also makes the rest of the down a lighter colour.  girls can also have a headspot, but because they only have one copy of the barring gene, it is usually small and well defined.

massa

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 22:29 »
well i had 5 out of 6 cream legbars hatch, 2 male, 2 female (unfortunatly one of the females had to be culled as it wasnt well) and one i dont know what! ha! the 2 males and 2 females were easy to sex from the pics in the link but the other one of them is yellow! it has simular markings to the others but it is all yellow! anyone seen this before? ill try and get a pic up in the morning.

xx
OMG I'm hatching!

Started by Casey76 on Chicken Chat

16 Replies
Last post May 21, 2010, 20:10
by joyfull
xx
They're hatching!!!!!

Started by Kathie on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post August 08, 2010, 16:54
by Kathie
xx
big hatching day soon

Started by redspookycooky on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post February 19, 2011, 07:36
by redspookycooky
xx
Hatching :)

Started by Thingy on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post September 05, 2010, 19:59
by lisa123

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 40 queries.