help with a duck

• 4 Replies

chris999666

help with a duck
« on: November 07, 2013, 17:45 »
I've had a mallard duck I found with a broken leg for about two years. It was part of the family and lived in the house with us. Today it decided to fly away I'm wondering if there's any chance it will come back I know its a bit selfish but we're all really upset. Will it still be able to survive in the wild. Any info would be greatly appreciated x

Kate and her Ducks

Re: help with a duck
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 01:01 »
Hi,

Can understand why you are so upset after having the duck part of your family for 2 years. There is no absolute answer whether it will come back. Was it a duck or a drake? Probably more likely to come back in the spring if it is a duck as they tent to come back to nest in the spring .

I know it's not too much of a consolation but if it is well enough to fly away then it has a really good chance in the world and you have done a really good thing to allow it to return to the life it is mean to live.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

chris999666

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 15:53 »
It was a female mallard. I know part of me is really happy for her there so amazing though she lived with us in our house like a pet dog or something. Its just hard adjusting back to how things were before we found her. Little things keep getting me sad we built her a pond in the garden and a duck house. If it needed to could it find its way back to us even if it was in the spring?? I think it must have flown away to find a mate. Thank you for the reply xx

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 17:01 »
It would be not at all uncommon for her to come back to nest. You may find you end up with a little more than you bargained with with a whole brood of ducklings! ;)

chris999666

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 17:16 »
That would be amazing!!! Thank you you've put a smile back on my face xx

xx
New duck

Started by jamima on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post April 24, 2012, 11:28
by ANHBUC
xx
Duck vs Dog

Started by Carolf on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post July 06, 2012, 22:52
by Chookiechook
xx
First Duck Egg!

Started by min200 on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post September 09, 2011, 15:12
by Helenaj
xx
duck sitting

Started by goodegg on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post May 10, 2010, 19:29
by Kate and her Ducks

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 38 queries.