There is a large box ...

• 24 Replies

wellingtons

There is a large box ...
« on: February 23, 2007, 16:17 »
... containing a plum tree and an apple tree waiting at home for me.  So there's my task for the weekend ...  :D   Cos I don't have to glaze me ruddy greenhouse anymore!

What's your plan for the allotment this weekend?

muntjac

There is a large box ...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 16:19 »
walk round the paths n chase aweed or 2 ....... oh great joy  lol :lol:
still alive /............

FatGaz

• Experienced Member
There is a large box ...
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 16:27 »
:cry:  :cry:  :cry: cant get onto my plot until Tuesday at the earliest :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
:mrgreen:   GAZ   :mrgreen:

Mysteryjimbo

• Experienced Member
There is a large box ...
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 16:36 »
Dig, dig, dig, dig, dig.  Oh and a little re-potting.

Gwiz

There is a large box ...
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 16:47 »
i thought i might cut some twinwall polycarbonate for an antique cold frame that came my way a few days ago.
mind you, the stuffs only got saturday morning now to turn up.
failing that, i might throw up some new lights in the black hole of calcutta we call our kitchen, only trouble is, we will then see how badly it needs a coat of paint.... :roll:

philmay

There is a large box ...
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 17:11 »
Got to raise my wire fence, man next door said he see a couple of rabbits
on my plot. Already got a 3 foot fence! rabbits must be pole vaulting in.

purplebat

There is a large box ...
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 17:19 »
going to build my raidsed beds and some cloches (courtesy of Geoff Hamilton. and I might get the rest of my onions in (red Baron)
If Life gives you lemons, - Make Lemonade

mercury

There is a large box ...
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 17:50 »
Quote from: "philmay"
Got to raise my wire fence, man next door said he see a couple of rabbits
on my plot. Already got a 3 foot fence! rabbits must be pole vaulting in.

I reckon they're getting underneath mate, i've never seen a climbing rabbit :)  :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
There is a large box ...
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 18:04 »
Quote from: "Mysteryjimbo"
Dig, dig, dig, dig, dig.  Oh and a little re-potting.
Snap...  only without the potting on  :roll:

jane1264

• Experienced Member
There is a large box ...
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 18:50 »
Going to finish off the digging and plant the fruit bushes some kind person donated to the worthy cause - they arrived on our doorstep with bare roots the day we were going to london for a few days!  stuffed them into pots as a temporary measure but must get them into the allotment - 3 blackberries, loads of raspberries and 4 gooseberry bushes.  Will also need to repot the strawberry runners we were also given which again I just stuffed in a pot tempoarily - problem is the big pots I want to put them in currently have raspberries in so will have to put them in the allotment first!  
Also providing we don't have too much rain I have some shallots which have been waiting to be planted for several weeks and are now sprouting - I think they are trying to tell me something!
On top of that for the first time in about 6 months I've got to work tomorrow morning! Boo Hoo!!   :cry:  

Jane

Eristic

• Experienced Member
    • http://downtheplot.com/index.php
There is a large box ...
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 19:18 »
I have a strip 15ft by 7 ft to finish digging. That will be the last untamed wilderness brought under control. Then the fun starts with the next double-digging strip to be commenced.

There is still a substantial pile of leaf compost by the front gate that will have to be raided again and stored up for later use. Pots of peas require planting and parsnip-radish seeds due to be sown.

Empty pots and trays returned to base, cleaned and re-sown with more peas and broad beans for a follow-on planting for succession.

That's all I think.

Ann

There is a large box ...
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 19:29 »
I'll be covering my new cloche, OH made the frame for me and now I need to finish it off, if it stays dry will be looking to get rid of more weeds which are trying to take over.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
There is a large box ...
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 19:58 »
I have a bit of digging to do on Mrs. Diggers plot. (Yes I know).Whilst the forecast for tomorrow is reasonable we had quite a lot of rain last night and judging by the state of the ground when I dug some leeks up today, it may still be too wet tomorrow. (excuses).

So it may be a case of moving the stuff out of the greenhouse I use for tomatoes, into the other one and ending the day smelling of Jayes Fluid!

As an aside, I had a real good picking of Purple Sprouters today - the climate really has gone mad!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
There is a large box ...
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 20:12 »
Cheer up Fatgaz your not on your own, I'm decorating this weekend.  :(  But I'm off to me mums in the morning to liberate some of her ancient rhubarb, I can't remember a time when she didn't have any, an I'm 40 so it must be at least that if not more.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

muntjac

There is a large box ...
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 20:43 »
sorry to spil ya dream mercury mate . i have seen rabbits run up 6 ft chicken wire . run on invisible paths on a  40 ft chalk quarry face  ,run up a hanging branch elm over a rabbit fence jump down the other side onto a fallen log ,which i guess it used to get to the barley in the first place , also seen a rabbit swim a river , funniest was watching one run across a horse jump pole layed on a corner post where some rabbit netting had been dug in .it climbed up the bales and ran along the post to hop off the other end to safety folowed by 2 baby ones , rabbits aint stupid by a long way lol , we gas em fil the holes in al around the bury and they migrate in from around the area and dig the holes out we filled in as regular as clock work,,

xx
large pots?

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post April 05, 2012, 14:05
by pawsnclaws
xx
Growing BNS in large tub?

Started by Kirpi on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post June 24, 2013, 21:37
by vanessa.xx
xx
Large Butternuts

Started by Marston on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post January 08, 2012, 17:46
by compostqueen
xx
Large tomato

Started by Bowmanera on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post July 27, 2008, 16:56
by Bowmanera

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 38 queries.