hen growing spurs ?

• 17 Replies

scoobs

Re: hen growing spurs ?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 18:04 »
Thanks everyone for your comments. I must admit she has got quite thick legs. I was told by someone that their comb and wattles growing larger was the 1st sign of a cock,but maybe not. How old are the babies in the photo goodegg?And is the one you think a cock showing any signs of aggresion?
Someone commented on the bird on the right(sorry can't your name) that's supposed to be a hen partridge wyandotte and my partner thinks thats a boy because of the bright coloured feathers. At this rate I'm going to have to get rid of them all. Sigh, I can't believe I've been so stupid.

kitkat

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 19:29 »
Hi, Scoobs, you aren't stupid at all! We've all made mistakes sexing birds, i thought the one on the right was a cockerel, but i may be wrong. As for Cilla, Orps are very difficult to sex, so enjoy them for the moment and wait and see. Your breeder must know what hes on about good luck :)
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

scoobs

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 20:25 »
Ah thanks Kit Kat I will and do enjoy them, we all do. If they do turn out to be boys I will try very hard to find them a home rather than return them to the seller. I don't care about the money, just about the upset I've caused my family and myself.
 Thank you again for everyone who has replied or taken the time to read a problem shared etc. x

xx
Female Growing Spurs

Started by LittleRedHen on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 08, 2011, 08:04
by LittleRedHen
xx
Spurs

Started by Prod on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post October 21, 2012, 13:45
by joyfull
xx
Spurs

Started by Catsmuvva on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post December 27, 2014, 08:08
by Prod
xx
Spurs

Started by Midwife on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 07, 2008, 22:43
by muntjac

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 35 queries.