ants

• 1 Replies

bailey

• Experienced Member
ants
« on: April 18, 2010, 08:41 »
hi all,

i have a major problem, to me anyway with ants in my polytunnel,, as a rule i would,nt really bother too much with them but as they are in the poly and we have to kneel on the ground as such, the ants start to crawl over the kids legs ect which they don,t like..

I have tried to disturb them several times to move on and tried powders ect but the ants just move to somewhere else in the poly.. does anyone have any ideas of getting rid of them... so that my kids will carry on with their gardening bit..

Trillium

Re: ants
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 16:14 »
They can be difficult to be rid of, but simply keep disturbing areas where you feel their nests are. Ants also don't like rich soil so also add lots of rotted manure - or even fresh manure depending on where they are in the tunnel, as you disturb them. Eventually they'll totally move on but it'll be persistence until then. At the same time, put out little containers with the special queen ant killer bait which the workers will take to her. Be sure your kids understand to leave it alone. It won't hurt them but if they spill it, your efforts are wasted.

xx
ants

Started by Cara on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post June 29, 2009, 10:21
by Howard
xx
Red Ants???

Started by sazzy123 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 11, 2009, 18:34
by oakfairy
xx
Ants

Started by mrsbean on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post July 08, 2020, 08:08
by Subversive_plot
xx
How do I get rid of Ants

Started by Runwell-Steve on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post May 30, 2012, 20:01
by mattwragg94

Page created in 0.522 seconds with 36 queries.