202 leeks... so far...

• 2 Replies

Growster...

202 leeks... so far...
« on: May 01, 2011, 20:17 »
My leeks have gone in over the last couple of days.

I see no reason to delay getting these chaps bedded down, although it is a mite too early if one keeps a strict calendar at the ready...

My thinking is that if we're having some great sunny weather, then put them out and water them properly; they're doing the same as if they were in a seed tray aren't they? They may bolt at some stage much later on, but we'll see won't we!

I may be proved wrong, but there you go; we're all here to do the thing we like best, and there are always some more seedlings to back me up if I get it wrong...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: 202 leeks... so far...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 20:22 »
I would dib mine in if I had space, but like a lot of other people I only have a small plot, so they have to go in after the early potatoes or the early peas are harvested.

Growster...

Re: 202 leeks... so far...
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 20:32 »
I would dib mine in if I had space, but like a lot of other people I only have a small plot, so they have to go in after the early potatoes or the early peas are harvested.

That is indeed a problem Mums. This is the first year we've taken back our old plot (you noticed that when I joined and that's why I always watch out for what you say, because I reckon you 'Know'!), and I just need to do the 'big leek' thing for the first time in ages!

Your's and my weather is about the same, and just seeing 'Countryfile', it looks as though we'll be watering by hand for another week or so...

xx
leeks

Started by elizabeth1 on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post May 23, 2011, 19:07
by elizabeth1
xx
leeks

Started by ron on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post November 22, 2007, 08:42
by Rob the rake
xx
leeks

Started by harry on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post March 09, 2010, 15:21
by mumofstig
xx
Not my leeks

Started by Beetroot queen on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 04, 2013, 07:39
by Beetroot queen

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 36 queries.