Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe

• 0 Replies

Auntiemogs

Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
« on: October 31, 2019, 18:50 »
I've tried a few recipes, but this is by far the best I've ever had (especially with a dollop of Nutella thrown in!) and is made without eggs, so really easy. 
The Moistest Chocolate Mug Cake

Prep Time1 minute
Cook Time1 minute
Total Time2 minutes
Servings1

Ingredients
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon granulated sugar (you can add 1 tbsp. more if you like it a bit sweeter)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. milk
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon hazelnut chocolate spread or mini chocolate chips
Instructions
In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps.
Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. Mine was a 14-ounce mug. You want enough head space for the cake to rise without pouring over.
Add hazelnut chocolate spread in the middle of the batter or mini chocolate chips. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it down and sink it in the batter. It does that on its own when it cooks! :)
Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your mug cake overflows).
Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high (PLEASE READ NOTES CAREFULLY BELOW)
Carefully remove from microwave and enjoy!
Notes
Please note that ALL microwaves are different therefore can yield different results and can overcook this mug cake if you aren't careful. My microwave is 950 watts and I cooked mine on 100% power for 70 seconds*. Knowing this information, it may help you better judge how long to cook yours for and at what power.
*When this recipe was developed, we were in another house. That microwave in that house took 70 seconds for me to cook the mug cake. When the video was filmed, we were in a new home. In our current microwave, it takes 90 seconds...which is why there are two different times. The fact still remains: all microwaves are different and can yield different cook times, which proves to be true with my two different microwaves in two different homes.
You can totally omit the tablespoon of chocolate hazelnut spread if you want or use a different spread of your choice (peanut butter, biscoff, etc.) or even chocolate chips like I used in the video. I just thought it made the cake even more moist but the cake itself is moist enough without it!
**This recipe is specifically made for the microwave. I developed it for the microwave. I don't know cook time or temperature for an oven...I'd imagine it'd be a very quick cook time at a low temp., but since I didn't test the recipe for an oven, I cannot give specifics. Sorry!
No eggs? Correct. There are NO EGGS in this recipe. Why? Egg is what makes the mug cake spongy. If you think about it, when you bake a full-sized cake, you typically use 1 or 2 eggs...for a mug cake to use 1 egg is A LOT!
Self-rising flour? I have tested this with self-rising and it does NOT work. At least I felt it didn't work because it was too spongy for me. You are more than welcome to use it, however, please keep in mind that I don't recommend this method.
If you're looking for a VANILLA version, here is the link to The Moistest Vanilla Mug Cake recipe!
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

xx
O M G THAT 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE!!!

Started by Briony on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

24 Replies
Last post April 08, 2009, 22:01
by titch
xx
Chocolate & Courgette Brownie Cake recipe!! Yum Yum...

Started by dig4victory on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

1 Replies
Last post August 26, 2009, 17:08
by g1ggles
xx
Chocolate cake in a mug

Started by Debz on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

11 Replies
Last post October 31, 2008, 11:59
by Oscar Too
xx
Raspberrry and chocolate cake

Started by tode on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post September 09, 2009, 11:02
by tode

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 39 queries.