Cat problem :(

• 8 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Cat problem :(
« on: May 14, 2019, 20:37 »
Over the last few weeks a sweet friendly-looking ginger tom-cat has been lurking around in yard and garden. I've tried not to be welcoming, but it seems he would like to make himself at home. I've no idea where he came from, or perhaps still lives, sometimes. A couple of nights ago he was sleeping on the outside doormat  ::)
The trouble is that Molly, the cat that came from the rescue centre, is not really fully tame and very nervous of anything that's a bit different ie of anybody other than me, even new furniture  :wacko:
Anyway, I came in from the garden earlier to find him asleep in the kitchen and her upstairs under the bed mewing to herself, she was so scared.
Any idea how I can persuade him to look elsewhere for a new home?  :wacko:

grinling

Re: Cat problem :(
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 21:07 »
you could take the cat to the vet and they can see f he is microchipped.
our local radio station puts out lost cat messages

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 21:27 »
Over the last few weeks a sweet friendly-looking ginger tom-cat has been lurking around in yard and garden. I've tried not to be welcoming, but it seems he would like to make himself at home. I've no idea where he came from, or perhaps still lives, sometimes. A couple of nights ago he was sleeping on the outside doormat  ::)
The trouble is that Molly, the cat that came from the rescue centre, is not really fully tame and very nervous of anything that's a bit different ie of anybody other than me, even new furniture  :wacko:
Anyway, I came in from the garden earlier to find him asleep in the kitchen and her upstairs under the bed mewing to herself, she was so scared.
Any idea how I can persuade him to look elsewhere for a new home?  :wacko:

Molly sounds like Lilly 1 of my late mother’s cats, I swear she’s autistic, she’s getting better but even putting a shopping bag down see to send her into a tiswas. Today I found her on the utility room worktop looking down on another cat eating her biscuits ( I’d left the black door open to let some fresh air in)
As for your visitor unless you scare him away I don’t know unless you check around if anyon3 is missing him
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 23:02 »
Technically Snowdrops, all cats have Aspergers!

As a father to an Aspy, I can say hand on heart that book is brilliantly helpful :)

lettice

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 07:59 »
Call up your local Cat's protection, they will come to you and be able to scan the cat if it is microchipped.
They will also help to find the owner or rehome.

https://www.cats.org.uk/

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 08:22 »
The thing is, he looks too well fed and groomed to actually be homeless IYSWIM.
I think he must have 'owners' not too far away, so even if he was 'taken home' things wouldn't change if he prefers it here.
I'll have to make sure there's no food left laying about, which may tempt him in less - but unless I shut Molly in, I can't keep him out. She is much too scared of the cat flap, to use it  ::) so we're a door open house as much as weather allows.
*sigh*

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 12:18 »
If mogs has a collar, why not pop a little note onto it, telling the owner what's happening!

There's an apocryphal story about a dog doing this, which was hilarious; but it worked!

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 13:18 »
Towards the end of last year we saw a black and white tom cat coming in and out of our garden. OH encouraged him with some dried cat food and I nearly named him Dyson! Currently he comes in most days whether it be morning or during the night, but now he knows us we can give him a stroke and a little massage on his neck and the next thing we hear is a rather rusty purr. I called him Jessie then added Jackson and I don't know why, but it just seems to suit him. He must be a local wanderer who knows where the best food is but I don't think he's had a lot of human contact. He has now and keeps coming back for more.
Jessie 2 (387 x 600).jpg
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 14:42 »
If ever any of you are actually wanting more cats, please let me know I’d still like to rehome my late mother’s 2, that are still with me ....😊. I will deliver!😂

xx
Cat with a gum problem

Started by John on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post December 05, 2009, 12:41
by John
xx
I think I have a problem... :-)

Started by Nicki85 on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post April 06, 2012, 22:41
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Jaw problem with Rosie.

Started by joyfull on Pets without Feathers

76 Replies
Last post May 15, 2012, 17:05
by joyfull
xx
Bully Problem

Started by Caralou on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post June 08, 2010, 15:51
by feelingbroody

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 48 queries.