House Pets - Dogs and Cats

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

House Pets - Dogs and Cats
« on: February 06, 2019, 16:04 »
Do you have any of these enchanting animals.   If so please tell us all about them.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

meriad

Re: House Pets - Dogs and Cats
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 17:16 »
Can't believe no-one has replied to this...   :D

I (ahem) will admit to being the mad cat lady - everyone knows one  :D    I have 6 and a half that I am slave to.  I say half because back in October last year my Abbie decided she preferred the neighbours across the road to me; but then she's quite happy as an only cat.  I know where she is and I know she's safe so that's what matters.

The 6 at home are
Jamie - 12 a shorthair brindle tortie with the attitude that proves the tortitude - but she's gorgeous
Monty - 10 a semi long tuxedo boy who is such a love bug when it suits him
Harry - 8 year old black Norwegian Forest boy; lovable but definitely missing a few brain cells; he's so daft at times
Ava - 6 year old grey & white Norwegian Forsest Cat - a right royal madam and diva if ever there was one
Henry - 5 year old black and white Persian / Mog x  - adorable with the most girly squeak you've heard
and then my latest additon
Eli - 10 month old silver tabby Siberian who is still gaining confidence and getting braver every day

Next plan is to adopt some rescue battery hens

Life is good   :tongue2:

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 22:26 »
I’ve still got my late Mum’s 2 moggies, 3 years on! I only brought them here to rehome them as she requested they went to a good home & a friend of a friend said she was interested, well actually she said she’d have them but was in the process of moving & wanted to wait til she’d moved. Then she got 2 kittens! I couldn’t send them off to a rescue place so here they are.
Ollie who’s about 12/13 ginger & Lily, 10/11, tortoiseshell & the noisiest cat alive. There’s not many days I don’t threaten her with removing her voice box, I also think she’s autistic.
They were both rescue cats when mum took them on , Lily is damaged, frightens herself half to death most days & Ollie is timid but not as bad.
 They’ve done well going from an old lady’s house where it was always quiet & they slept all night & most of the day sleeping on the bed to not being allowed in the bedrooms or the lounges, Lily scratches everything, in the early days she scratched the seat pads on most of my dining chairs(leather) material boxes in my sewing room, the back of my leather sofa. She does now go outside more than she’s ever done, neither of them have a litter tray & no one has left me a parcel in the house for ages.
So they’ve settled at last & we manage but they could go tomorrow, hubby doesn’t like them but wouldn’t do them any harm but just tolerates them. I like animals but have got used to my house without them & don’t like the hairs & the mess.
We’re just about to take on our daughters 4 chickens at the plot
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

grinling

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 20:12 »
We have Cookie, who is a cross between a bearded collie and a standard poodle. She has had her outer coat cut off as she gets too hot (poodle side) also partly raw fed as trying to get weight on her (diet issues).
Also 5 hens, Sooty, Darwin, Sprout and 2 others.
Catfish and danios though I just feed them
Daughter has 2 roborovski  hamsters.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 19:29 »
We’ve got a bit of a gang here.

5 cats (used to be 6 but George moved out and ineith our neighbour, the butcher. Disloyal but not stupid!). Range from 2 to 13 years old and all just mogs but love them all the same.

Latest addition is our rescue Great Dane who is the most wonderful thing ever.

Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig
xx
Dogs (don't you just love them)

Started by danfinn1 on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post February 09, 2016, 20:53
by Trikidiki
xx
will the dogs ever learn

Started by karlooben on Pets without Feathers

0 Replies
Last post February 07, 2010, 19:37
by karlooben
xx
Let sleeping dogs lie

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post October 25, 2012, 11:34
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 32 queries.