not for sale

• 2 Replies

rowlandwells

not for sale
« on: August 22, 2021, 17:04 »
we have two quite large allotment plots that have been full planted this year and we have managed to freeze quite a bit of surplus veg but we have had some people come to us and say why don't you sell the surplus veg or are you selling the surplus down the village market I've made it absolutely clear that we don't sell anything of our allotments to anyone and that incudes veg or flowers

because I'm not in the market garden business and its against all my morels to sell any veg of my allotments I would rather give our veg away free to those who most appreciate it that we do anyway and its also against the landlords wishes that any veg or flowers are not to be sold for gain of the allotments which would result in being  being kicked of the allotments as i understand allotments where for own use and not for resale or profit?

GraciesGran

Re: not for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 18:27 »
Our site has been donating excess produce to the food bank.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: not for sale
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 19:50 »
i understand allotments where for own use and not for resale or profit?

It is certainly the case that most councils have a bit in their tenancy agreements to cover this.  Ours say quite clearly that selling produce is not allowed.  If it is a private site, things may vary, but if your landlord says no, then that is it. 

We do a lot of swapsies on our site and the council asks for donations of produce for a big town meal they lay on (or used to pre-Covid).  I also give stuff to neighbours at home, newbies struggling to get plots into any sort of condition to grow anything or even the odd passer-by who asks nicely. I’m sure my rhubarb patch is visible from space so I give plenty of that away.  It is a triffid I inherited with the plot and grows so madly it is only the extra picking that keeps it in any sort of order  :lol:

xx
E-books on sale

Started by WeavingGryphon on Chatting on the Plot

57 Replies
Last post May 05, 2020, 15:38
by WeavingGryphon
xx
Wyevale 50p sale?

Started by RJR_38 on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post August 29, 2018, 15:45
by rowlandwells
xx
Ryton organic garden for sale

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post September 18, 2019, 01:45
by John
xx
Beales Department Store Closing down Sale

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post March 16, 2020, 11:08
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 42 queries.