Cold frame

• 17 Replies

Benandbill

Re: Cold frame
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 07:41 »
I've got a couple of nice panes of glass and a few old kitchen cupboard shelves.  It will be a good exercise for me building cold frames out of it all one day.  The main problems I foresee with this is that the wood is not the same width and length as the glass although not far off, and also that  I would want the glass top to be on a slightly downward slope so the side pieces would need to be sawed at a angle...  Tricky!  :unsure:

Paul Plots

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 15:26 »
I've got a couple of nice panes of glass and a few old kitchen cupboard shelves.  It will be a good exercise for me building cold frames out of it all one day.  The main problems I foresee with this is that the wood is not the same width and length as the glass although not far off, and also that  I would want the glass top to be on a slightly downward slope so the side pieces would need to be sawed at a angle...  Tricky!  :unsure:

Yep....but once you've worked it all out and it's ready for action just think how proud you'll be of it and it'll cost you next to nothing apart from a bit of your time  ;)

Good luck!
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 17:55 »

I know of no other sawing technique; nothing tricky about it!  :tongue2:  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
Cold Frame

Started by derekmc on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post March 24, 2016, 17:17
by Plotmaster
xx
Cold frame

Started by Matthew Gayles on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post January 07, 2012, 12:53
by Kleftiwallah
xx
A cold frame.

Started by Little Flower on Design and Construction

0 Replies
Last post April 14, 2023, 22:30
by Little Flower
xx
Cold frame..

Started by jenny53 on Design and Construction

7 Replies
Last post December 15, 2009, 07:49
by Leedsniner

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 39 queries.