GG's AA update.

• 16 Replies

Goosegirl

GG's AA update.
« on: February 18, 2020, 12:25 »
I don't do blogs so I'm posting this on here because no matter how many ways I've tried to cut down my daily alcohol intake it ain't working. I'm so concerned about my husband's ill-health and the things involved in moving house with all the paperwork, packing, and sorting out all our finances has just taken its toll on me because I just can't cope without a bottle of wine or a tad more.

When I came down this morning I made a very big decision. I'll get my GP to get me into a local NHS rehab place to detox which is something I never wanted to do but I'm left with no choice.

I just hope my post reaches someone who is in the same position. If so, please email me whenever you feel like doing. 

I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: GG's AA update.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 13:13 »
That's a brave decision GG - well done!

jaydig

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 15:36 »
I'm so sorry you're struggling, GG, but I do understand.  Our son is once more going through a heavy drinking cycle and it is heartbreaking to watch and know we can do nothing to help because he won't admit he has a problem.
You have made the right decision in seeking professional help, after first of all taking the very brave step of admitting you do have a problem. I wish you well and will be thinking of you every day.  When you feel able, please let us know how you are doing.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 17:28 »
Hi, Once a person becomes dependant on alcohol, or anything else for that matter, there always seems a good reason to pop, drink, eat or however one deals with it.  I am sure you have been trying hard.   I cannot imagine what going into re-hab must be like, but I have enormous admiration for your dealing with it.  Good luck,   We are all here for you,  Mrs Bouquet xx
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 20:21 »
Just to echo everyone else's good wishes, GG  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 21:54 »
It takes a strong person to realise when they need help, we’ll done 😘😘
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

GraciesGran

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 06:49 »
Be proud of yourself for admitting you need help and asking for.it. 

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 07:09 »
Well done Goosey, we're right behind you or, perhaps better, by your side!

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 12:18 »
My dear friends. I cannot thank you enough for all your words of support which means so much to me at this difficult time. Jaydig, it took me absolute ages before I could admit I had a problem because I was too ashamed and being a strong person I don't like to ask for help because I really thought I was able to do it by myself without bothering anyone else. No chance! You can try your best to cut down but other circumstances take over so you do the old "procrastinating manana" so it's a never-ending circle and you're in the middle of it all. Going a bit scientific, excessive alcohol can permanently alter the way you metabolise sugar and it also affects your muscles which is why my walking isn't as steady as it used to was. Going back to when I had invasive cancer and had all my remaining hair shaved off, I said to myself when you get to the bottom there's only one way to go and that's up. To Growster and for all the others on here, when I walk into that detox centre I will hold my head up high knowing so many people will be walking along with me. Now you've just made me cry all over my keyboard!  :tongue2:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 12:52 »
Keep telling us how you are doing GG.  It will help you to keep trying hard!

Debz

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 12:55 »
Well done for taking positive action to get help.  W'eve got your back and here for you to talk to, complain to, whinge to - whatever you want. xxx

mrs bouquet

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 17:28 »
Go for it girl, you have been so strong with so many things,  If I could come with you I would to give you all my support.  Mind you,    People have said that spending time with me would drive them to drink!     :ohmy: :lol:
Perhaps I would be better cheering from the side-lines  ::)   But you know what I mean,  Mrs B  xx

GraciesGran

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 18:01 »
We are all her for you to whinge at, moan at and shout at.  In return we will offer love, support and admiration. Xx

grinling

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 21:56 »
I hope you have seen your doctor,but you can also access services yourself, have a look on the  NHS website. There are private places but they are expensive and not all are run well.
Best form of no drinking is to pour the stuff away, but speak to the experts first.
If finding too much pressure, try the samaritans, who can also point you in the right direction.

jaydig

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 09:34 »
I hope you have seen your doctor,but you can also access services yourself, have a look on the  NHS website. There are private places but they are expensive and not all are run well.
Best form of no drinking is to pour the stuff away, but speak to the experts first.
If finding too much pressure, try the samaritans, who can also point you in the right direction.

I would agree with what Grinling says, particularly about Samaritans.  I rang them in desperation, but our son wouldn't talk with them.  They did, however, ring us back to talk to me because they were very concerned about the state I was in because of all the worry. They are totally non-judgemental, calm and kind. I would recommend anyone to speak with them if they feel they are alone in battling with any kind of traumatic problem.  I certainly know who is getting a donation in my will!!  They have been a lifesaver - literally

xx
Car Insurance - Update

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post June 04, 2019, 19:41
by grinling
clip
Greenhouse Update

7 Replies
Last post November 02, 2020, 18:37
by MrsPea
xx
My Greenhouse - Update

2 Replies
Last post November 30, 2020, 21:15
by jezza
xx
Goosey's eye ops update.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

35 Replies
Last post January 07, 2019, 13:23
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 52 queries.