Toby Carvery

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

Toby Carvery
« on: December 29, 2019, 16:16 »
I am not sure if these are local to my area or world-wide  :D  If Local, I am sure you will have a carvery that is similar.    I have just got back from ours after lunch with 10 family members, some of whom I have not seen in a coupe of years.   So that was nice, and the food was excellent.   Menu: -  Pork, Lamb, Gammon, Turkey and Beef. Very large crispy yorkies, a vast array of veggies, (Cooked red cabbage, yum) Lots of potato varieties, ie: roast with goose fat, roast, mashed, new.   There were Vegan and Vegetarian options, and many starters and puds to chose from.   I just had the main course, which was £10.50, (cheaper weekdays), and you can go back for more veg if you like.  Lots of different gravy types and sauces etc.    I also took along a large box of After eight mints, which somebody gave me.  I didn't want to eat them all, but everybody tucked in.
What Sunday meal have you got today ?      Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

Re: Toby Carvery
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 16:35 »
We’re having salmon with chilli & ginger. Some carvery’s are better than others I’ve found, & yes I believe Toby is a national chain. Pleased you got good a good meal & a chance to meet with family
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

ARPoet

• Experienced Member
  • I love growing and eating beans
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 17:02 »
WE Love Toby Carveries and go at least once a month, and yes the red cabbage is wonderful. Always lots of fresh hot veg.
Roger.

Its Grand Being Daft

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 17:21 »
toad in the hole is on the menu today  with some locally made sausages with some sprouts and mash followed and  some traditional chees and biscuits with some home made pickle onions

I must admit we haven't been to a toby must put that on our places to visit we have some nice pubs doing a lunchtime menu round here at very good prices

we also go to our local garden centre who also do a very good lunch again good value haven't been eating out since before Christmas  come after the new year we will be having a lunch out I look forward to having  lunch out and better if its an OAP day :D deep pockets and short arms  :lol:

Mr Dog

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 21:09 »
Usually offer good value and we often use then when in a 'strange' place and want a reliable meal. Crown carveries were also a (even cheaper) favourite when they were in existence.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 11:09 »
Last night we had our first bowl of OH's famous Guinea fowl broth.  :tongue2: Tonight we're having it again!  :tongue2: :tongue2:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 40 queries.