Yet another sort of freebie.

• 7 Replies

Goosegirl

Yet another sort of freebie.
« on: December 19, 2019, 12:50 »
Goosey seems to be on a bit of a roll at the moment. Having had my previous cordless Dyson hoover taken back to their lab for tests on how it's done over the last two years and given a new one for free, I now have another appliance that's going to be replaced with a new one!
I bought an AEG washer-dryer a number of years ago and took out a service plan for it along with our cooker because neither of them were cheap and I well know how these sort of things aren't built to last very long. The monthly payment was about £15 which I didn't think was too bad and am so glad I did.
It washed fine but the dryer wasn't drying properly and the timer was shutting down well before the set time. A man came out to diagnose the problem, another man came to fix it but two out of the three parts were faulty, another man came with the right parts plus a valve of some sorts, installed them and all should have been well except it was working just the same as before. Another man came out and said it needed a new electrical motherboard and valve. Another man came out who said he'd already replaced the valve (are you still with me?) and said he'd got the history of who'd done what and when on his app and would order some new parts. Two weeks later, another service man eventually arrived with the replacement parts he'd ordered which had got stuck in the ether somewhere hence the delay, he announced it couldn't be fixed and I'm entitled to a new one. I must say the insurance firm I used were brilliant but AEG is part of Hotpoint who couldn't handle a … yes, you know what I'm trying to say! I know that if I hadn't taken out this insurance policy it would have cost me mega-bucks and would have been left with something I had to replace at my own cost. There must be a third one so anyone any ideas?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

Re: Yet another sort of freebie.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 16:23 »
There cannot be a third one goosey, the Washing machine debacle has covered at least 5 or 6.   Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 17:43 »
I've just ditched Homeserve as they wanted well over £300.00 for the coming year!

That's a ludicrous hike from around £230.00, and I told them just that. They immediately dropped the quote to the original price, but no cigar!

Went to R.I.A.S., for the same cover at around £60.00 p.a.!

As I usually rod the drains myself, I feel quite happy with that little Christmas Bonus!

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 13:17 »
Mr G, and so you should! I insured my washer-dryer and cooker with DSG and their service has been excellent. I've been kept informed when their engineer would come both by email and phone and all has gone well so far.
I've had my hands down our outside drains many a time to clear them from old leaves, soil etc, but having seen main drains rodded it is something I could attempt, but knowing me it would end in disaster because I'd not screwed one of the essential parts on correctly which would then decide to detach itself in the most awkward place possible. I've got better things to do like, er, um, wash my hair?  ;) 

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 18:30 »
Always turn the rods clockwise, even while pushing them along, Goosey, as they stay nice and tight that way! It's a remarkably satisfying job really, as the result is usually imminent, and the flow just melts everything...

On an aside, we have one of the naughty Hotpoint machines, and while it was a no-go website to start with, after a swift registration online, they happily informed me that our washing machine wasn't affected!

Blast - it's over three years old and we like replacements...

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 10:51 »
I always register any new appliance so they have a record of all the details in case it suddenly goes whatsit's-up. That's how I got my new cordless Dyson. I need to contact DSG who I insured my washer-dryer with to see when I get my replacement. Manana methinks.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 17:53 »
"Manana methinks."

As soon as that, eh?

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 14:04 »
..,er, yes, and am currently on the phone in some sort of holding queue listening to some mind-numbing muzak and ... oh, have just been asked to ring back tomorrow as they haven't received the write-off email. Bananas methinks!  :tongue2:

xx
A good book sort-out!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post September 17, 2018, 18:36
by Growster...

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 43 queries.