am i the only one who

• 22 Replies

chrissie B

am i the only one who
« on: February 17, 2014, 09:30 »
has a pet name for my dog thessy , its chicken butt which came about one day after watching on a walk I said she looks like shes got a butt like a chicken
 and it stuck although its not one I shout in the street but more of a term of endearment

chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Snoop

Re: am i the only one who
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:20 »
We have all kinds of 'pet' names for our pets. Most of them meaningless to anyone but ourselves, but to continue your theme, chrissie, I sometimes call one of our dogs Chicklen. I don't know if it's because she waddles a bit and, like yours, looks a bit like a chicken from behind or because it's a derivation of 'chica' (girl in Spanish). Either way, it has stuck.

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 11:59 »
All our cats have two names (the third one only they know!) Millie (a tortie) is "Princess" as she acts so regal; Daphne is "Woo-woo" because of the sounds she makes; Amber is "Amber-pants" because her fur pattern looks like she is wearing them, and Dolly is "Weasel" because she has very sharp little teeth and claws. It a thing that just happens!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

chrissie B

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 13:46 »
im glad to ear im not the only one as my hubby thinks im falling slightly out of my tree , I also talk to thessy as we are together all of the day .
chrissie b

plum crumble

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 14:15 »
it's well known that cats require at least 3 names. Bill, my large white moggie, is variously called Billy, Bunter, Bilbo, or OH's name for him..."Greedy"  :ohmy:  what a cheek  :nowink:
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

Snoop

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 14:47 »
im glad to ear im not the only one as my hubby thinks im falling slightly out of my tree , I also talk to thessy as we are together all of the day .
chrissie b

Not mad at all. We talk to ours dogs, and they talk back... I'm not kidding. Not words but dog version of baby talk. Great long strings of "wa, wa, wa, wa, wa-wa-wa-wa, wa wah!" They all do it, but mother dog often uses it to communicate when she thinks one of her now grown-up pups needs telling off. "What about me?" ("Woo-woo, woo-woo, woooh") is another common phrase!

I can't imagine ours are unique. What do your dogs or other pets say?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 15:13 »
it's well known that cats require at least 3 names. Bill, my large white moggie, is variously called Billy, Bunter, Bilbo, or OH's name for him..."Greedy"  :ohmy:  what a cheek  :nowink:

Lucy is called loose, lucylou and bubs as well as non repeatable names when she sicks up a fur ball  ::) :lol:

Auntiemogs

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 16:28 »
Have loads for my pusskins.   :D

Izzy = Izzygumbah, Izzygumb, Gumbah, Gumbie, Gumbiewoo
Millie = Milliemog, Millster, Mills, Milliegumbah
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Trillium

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 16:42 »
My Lyra's nickname is Big Baby  :D

chrissie B

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 18:13 »
my dogs not got a lot of conversation but usually when its dinner time if im doing some thing and go over her time she will come and poke me in the leg constantly till shes fed then out for a pea , quick play with favourite toy and to bed where she will stay all night

chrissie b

diospyros

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 19:08 »
We used to call neighbour's cat The Black Streak because he used to come shooting in the house if we opened the door in the dark, to plague ours.  Sadly he got run over  :( our old feller used to get a bit exasperated with him but it was quite funny watching young Ollie racing round the house and Smudge batting him occasionally.

I call Smudge Mudge, or Mudgems, or Smudgy-Mudgy-Moo-Moos if I really want to embarrass him!

Oliveview

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 19:18 »
Only Jumbo, we call him Fatboy...... he was not called Jumbo cos he was fat, he was born under the prickly pears in the olive groves.  The Spanish call them chumbas, Mercedes our neighbour suggested Chumbo for him, I kept forgetting, so it turned to Jumbo (pronounced GHumbo )  but sadly he grew into his name, hence Fatboy!

Pamela

chrissie B

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 10:47 »
our old dog was called rocky and he got all sorts like sunshine , rockmister, rocky wocky , rockola , and rockaki that one has a greek twist
chrissie b
just look at that face .
blackpool016.JPG

Goosegirl

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 11:42 »
Forgot to mention two strays that sometimes visit us. One is a big chocolate tom who my OH named Bournville for obvious reasons! The other one is a small black female who is quite happy to go upstairs or wherever despite our other 4 cats being around. I could hardly make her out when she was under the bed, but then she opened her eyes and "appeared" so I called her Blinky! We have many conversations with our cats. Daphne (a tortie) makes a special noise when she has brought in a mouse; also one that means...what's going on? It's our other tortie, Milly, who sometimes looks very intently at me when on my knee and I would love to know what she is thinking.

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 13:45 »
 :D  love the names!

Molly (the dog) gets called all sorts (Moolah, Mulanka etc) and also the Weasel-Creep when she tries to slither along trying not to be noticed! (comes partly from the little creep out the Moomins)  We had a slightly embarrassing moment when The Husband mentioned it to some people we met at the weekend and he then had to explain it when they looked perplexed and Molly looked rather indignant...   :lol:

Rabbits have a variety of names depending on their moods - Sweet Pea is The Empress (paws hidden under chest fur), Miss P, Peapod and The Scrote  >:(  Bertie is Bertrand (when he is feeling grand) and Bertolucci when he is in an Italian mood or just plain Mr B Rabbit   ::)

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 39 queries.