Newbie Help Needed! CAT control?

• 18 Replies

Swing Swang

Re: Newbie Help Needed! CAT control?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 07:26 »
I hear that iPhone users can download an app that allows the iPhone to emit a noise that is annoying to youngsters, but inaudible to adults. The user can then walk around in his/her own 'kid-free bubble'. If I wasn't too tight to upgrade my 'house-brick' mobile telephone I'd appreciate a similar app for cats/dogs/marmite eaters etc. - a sort of portable catwatch - any takers?

rachelr

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 07:47 »
Hi I know this sounds stupid but it does work. TIGER POOH you can buy pellets from some garden centres. In my last house I have shingle on the drive and it stank. After putting tiger pooh down they moved on.

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 09:27 »
Unfortunatly for me ever since i got my girls we have been plagued by cats, its seems everyover house has one or 2 :ohmy:, they used to be a real pain in the butt, firstly by stalking my girls and i was petrified that they would get one, i have an open very large run, basically i just fence of bits of my garden and rotate,  half of my run is under two massive conifer trees so under it is just sand, the cats would come from all over just to poo in the chicken run, i was getting so depressed by cleaning it all up all the time.    I tried a cat scare thing with a sensor beam and if a cat crosses it it lets off a high pitched sound, worked for a while but not now.   So a few months on the cats have lost interest in my girls, just have my next door neighbours cat that comes and sits in the run, i dont mind her as she just sits and watches them but im now using them for my own advantages, they are great mouse hunters, caught my next door neighbours cat running across the garden the other day with a wee mouse, so for now the cats are welcome in again lol lol  nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

andyajsb

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 14:55 »
Thanks everyone for your ideas and stories :)   Will certainly invest in a/some water pistols.  Thankfully its been a couple of days now and the ladies have been out in their run a fair amount and haven't seen sight or sound of the puss but will be keeping an out for it.

When they are out they are in a run that I built for them which is wire meshed all around and on top too so nothing should be able to get it and the little blighter from the other day didn't manage to either  :D

Thanks again.

xx
HELP Crowd control advice needed

Started by bedifferent on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 20, 2008, 10:45
by babe
xx
Newbie - Help Needed

Started by keeleysgal on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 29, 2008, 11:14
by muntjac
xx
chook newbie help needed plz

Started by cruse05uk on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post April 26, 2012, 18:57
by cruse05uk
question
Help needed please... advice on chicks needed

Started by newatthis on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 21, 2010, 17:26
by Sassy

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 34 queries.