Shouty girl!

• 15 Replies

North Devon Dumpling

• Experienced Member
Re: Shouty girl!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 16:56 »
Think we will get Brahmas next time then.  One of our hybrids, shouts, yells and almost stamps her feet with fury if we are 5 minutes late letting them out in the morning.  She also has another shout later in the day for no reason I can see and I am sure it isn't do do with corn.  She also is a very vocal layer, who needs a cockerel with all that going on. The other one is as quiet as a mouse, but then she has her sister to yell for her.  I am starting to wonder if it is a pavlovian thing (and I am not talking about pudding), in that if she yells we respond to her, we have to, we can't bear it!

This morning we had a bit of a lie in (for various reasons) and the noise!!!!  After a few minutes it seemed to die down, I think she was starting to loose her voice :blink:

They (sorry she) has also started shouting if we are a few second late locking them up at night.  It is almost as if she is saying 'hurry up, lock me up, make me feel safe' - Hens who'd have them... Mind you would miss the eggs and the entertainment.

xx
sad girl

Started by caroline or on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post December 03, 2009, 13:47
by Rubellite
xx
boy or girl?

Started by lucylou on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 02, 2009, 23:31
by IMOmimey
xx
One Girl off the Lay

Started by Tessa on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 28, 2008, 20:17
by richyrich7
xx
girl's first egg?

Started by lucylou on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 04, 2010, 17:52
by mrs.ploppy

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 35 queries.