New van

• 19 Replies

jezza

New van
« on: June 19, 2021, 16:52 »
Hello I've had to get a new van I accidentally backed mine it the corner of a wall, I ordered it on Tuesday payed for it Thursday morning now the dealer says that he doesnt know if they can get me it,its at a dealership near Gatwick does any one know of a car/van transport company near Gatwick that could get it delivered to me this week please    jezza

jezza

Re: New van
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 06:16 »
Hello would people please stop viewing this post and put an answer on I need this van bringingvfrom a dealer near Gatwick as my local dealer says that they cant fetch it up for st least another 3 weeks,if it's not on my local dealers forecourt Wednesdau  Thursday I'm charging them for another weeks van rental and will be doing so till it arrives ,please answer this post its urgent    jezza

wighty

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 07:02 »
Jezza, it might help if we knew where abouts in the country/world you would want it delivered to.  Obviously I can't help as at the moment it's about £150 on the car ferry from the Island.  Anyway I haven't driven on the mainland for about 15 years although I'm quite happy driving our van on the Island.

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 08:11 »
No I’m not a delivery driver, just a humble amateur gardener!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 10:09 »
If you put car transport service into Google it will come up with loads of companies that do this.  Avoid adding the word Gatwick or you will just get a load of hits for taxi firms that do airport drops.

Most of these companies employ people all over the country to move cars and vans around, so the location of the head office is not relevant (I work with someone who used to do this full-time).

jezza

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 14:41 »
Hello thanks Newshoot,I'll try that I'm  in Yorkshire ,I've paid the dealer a delivery fee now they say that the van may be to big for their transporter and will have to wait a month for a larger truck to be arranged    jezza

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 11:17 »
Can't they supply a driver with trade plates.  Thats what always used to happen.   Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jezza

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2021, 19:16 »
Hello van's sorted being delivered to dealers forecourt on Wednesday morning I found the managing directors direct email yesterday and explained the situation and told him that he was paying for another weeks van hire,he was in a meeting with the salesman this morning then I got a phone call from a very sheepish salesman  I reckon he had had a good telling off    jezza

GraciesGran

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 13:35 »
Glad to hear it's sorted.  Just a shame that you had to go to such lengths.

jezza

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 09:03 »
Hello I'm going to collect my van at 10.30 it's not to my specification 1 out of 3 requirement seems a good effort for the dealership I'm getting it from,no ladder bulk head as requested and it has a side door which I definitely dont need,the worst thing is it doesnt have a Yorkshire number plate,its got one from Nottingham(nothing against Nottingham) does any one know if I can get it re registered with a Yorkshire plate   jezza

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2021, 10:28 »
Well done for getting it sorted out, but why do you need to change the plate, does it matter ?    Mrs B

jezza

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 15:25 »
Hello the reg plate on my van's has always carried a Yorkshire plate and I dont like being told by the dealer whose in Selby or the government what number plate I'm having on my van     jezza

grinling

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 17:11 »
You can buy a personal number plate and put them on, but why pay for a van you did not ask for?

jezza

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 21:08 »
Hello just fo8nd out it's not a Nottingham number on my van it's a Newcastle one the dealer says its a  North Yorkshire one  Jezza

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2021, 11:06 »
Geography is clearly not the dealer's strong point!  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 53 queries.