What a waste of time, trouble and space!

• 21 Replies

Thrift

Re: What a waste of time, trouble and space!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 09:22 »
Absolutely agree with that Growster!

I love different veg combinations, usually with a bit of cheese added. The part I can't stand is the over complicated creation of tiny artistic morsels which some chefs produce and which last only about two seconds. Just couldn't be bothered with all that.

I'd rather pickle some walnuts ( as Len Goodman would say! )   :D

compostqueen

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 10:53 »
I watched Masterchef and the three remaining contestants were in the kitchens, or should I say laboratories, at the Fat Duck.  Blimey, they take faffing with food to a different stratosphere

They live on a different planet to the rest of us though but I have to say I didn't think much of it looked appetising  ;)

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 12:19 »
I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but an afternoon faffing in the kitchen to make complicated food is so relaxing. I don't have the kit to make gels etc but properly seasoned meat, fondant potatoes and celeriac puree....*dribble*

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 21:17 »
I have a couple of friends who spend quite a bit of money going out to fine dining places every so often.  Have to say, some of the things they rave about eating, I think bleugh, don't fancy that, even if I could afford it  :lol:

I would rather spend the money on good ingredients and spend an occasional afternoon putting together a lovely meal as well Surbie  :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 21:19 »
I had a huge grin on my face throughout the Fat Duck episode!  The food was soooo much fun  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

compostqueen

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 11:18 »
Yes I can see why people would find it fun but it's very gimmicky.  It's like Willy Wonka isn't it

I'm not a huge fine dining fan either. We were taken to a really posh one but the amount of food and the hundreds of different things we ate just upset me and I was writhing about on the sofa the following day with the assault to my stomach  :lol:  There are nuggets of genius that you do take away though and one of them was beetroot fried in butter. Why I'd not done it before I can't imagine. It's heaven  :D  So is apple    Purees of celeriac and shallot are now firm favourites so it does pay to keep your mind receptive to new things  ;)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 19:21 »
Yes I can see why people would find it fun but it's very gimmicky.  It's like Willy Wonka isn't it

Absolutely!  When he was doing the 'tree' like lollipops, I just thought of Willy Wonka!

thumbup
Waste not, want not.

Started by Lardman on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

10 Replies
Last post November 16, 2016, 13:15
by sunshineband
xx
Freezer space...

Started by Growster... on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

9 Replies
Last post November 10, 2016, 14:41
by snowdrops
xx
short on storage space ?

Started by barley on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post September 21, 2013, 16:11
by Trillium
xx
It actually set this time!!!!

Started by GrannieAnnie on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

10 Replies
Last post August 30, 2007, 14:53
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 39 queries.