knickers in a knot!

• 77 Replies

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« on: November 11, 2007, 18:33 »
Hi, I am relatively new to this forum but shared my new enthusiasm with you a few weeks ago.  Since then I have worked really hard to dig over a third of my plot. I have done my best to keep it tidy and have been going regularly to the tip with my rubbish.

On one side I have a plot that has just recently been given up so is not in bad nick.  On the other side is a wild patch of weeds, uncultivated for what must be years.

This morning I popped to put some broad beans in and met the village nosey-bonk looking at my plot.

He said the wild plot is his, rented for his daughter, and accused me of dumping rubbish on it.  I showed him my pile of black bags and assured him I hadn't. However to keep the peace I offered to remove offending items when I next go to the tip.

His wife then chirped up that I had over-stepped my boundary and dug over ancient footpaths.

As no paths can even be seen I am amazed by this. As my plot is quite wild I just followed the line of some posts that were already there. Their wild plot has no discernable structure whatsoever.  I also explained that the weeds were so bad there was no way I was going to dig it over and leave potential problems if it could be avoided.  I offered to look at my boundary if there were any measurements to follow. I also offered (to keep peace) to move my new posts if I had overstepped my boundary.

She is off on Monday morning to harrass the lovely Parish Council lady who sorted me the plot to insist this is dealt with as a matter of urgency!!

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any advice?  I do not want to fall out but I am tempted to bury them both and prop my tools up by their feet!!!

:shock:

muntjac

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 18:37 »
dont take the dodo from thier plot for starters . this is bullying straight from the get go .. tell em rollox ur new and dont know all the boundaries and as such wasnt shown them ,thier garden is a tip not because of your working your plot but because they dont work thiers ,,,,, in good old fruitful english tell them to fek off and complain to the parish clerk not you .....................parasites .. k guys  :wink:
still alive /............

wildeone

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 18:39 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
dont take the dodo from thier plot for starters . this is bullying straight from the get go .. tell em rollox ur new and dont know all the boundaries and as such wasnt shown them ,thier garden is a tip not because of your working your plot but because they dont work thiers ,,,,, in good old fruitful english tell them to fek off and complain to the parish clerk not you .....................parasites .. k guys  :wink:

Couldn't of put it better myself!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT let them put you off!!!! they just want your half of the plot!!!

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 18:40 »
Cheers Munty, I thought it was me going mad.  I may ring the Parish Lady myself and beat them to it.

I did get the impression the pecking order was being clearly displayed. They did a better job that the cockerel on the end plot!!

I am a teacher aswell so should recognise bullying, I suppose I just hate conflict, hence the desire to immerse myself in the tranquility of my plot.

:)

gobs

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 18:41 »
The parish council lady in your case should be sorting the both of you out about boundaries and both of you should accept where she says a plot reaches to. And I personally wouldn't go into petty disputes with unpleasant neighbours, the person in charge should sort boundaries and people out.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

flowergirl

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 18:44 »
i totally sympathise with you ive got a neighbour who does no work on her plot leaves it with 5 ft high weeds then sends out letters asking who stole her spuds :roll: dont take anything from their plot if its not yours its easy for lazy people to get others to work for them, they can go to the council all they want but if their site is a mess and youre making an effort then hey ho you win, dont start me off i get so angry at people who take on plots and dont look after them and then use some poxy excuse why they couldnt tend them and then blame everyone else :evil: . be strong sunshine.

mushroom

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 18:45 »
I truly sympathise.

I made a similar gaffe when I got my plot. In defence, though, we (me and OH) weren't shown correctly where the boundaries were. But the offended party were very nice about it, they are reasonable people and they could see it was an honest mistake. We got cast-iron clarification from a comittee member where the border actually was, so, now we know.

If I was you, I'd speak to a comittee/parish member in authority and go with their decision. My neighbour quite correctly raised the issue with the committee, which is the civilized way of going about it. Your neighbour has no business telling you what to do, or, rather, expecting you to believe what they say. Let the parish qualify what is yours and what isn't before offering to do anything.

Good luck!

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 18:51 »
Splendid advice, I think I will ask the Parish Lady to confirm the  boundaries and go from there.  Will keep you posted where I eventually put my posts !!
 :wink:

Gwiz

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 18:56 »
I couldn't agree more with all the above. don't let 'em grind you down. If the site was run properly, they would be turfed off for not looking after their plot.
stick to it, but get advice from those in the know about where the boundaries are. :D

muntjac

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 18:57 »
Quote from: "littlemisssunshine"
Splendid advice, I think I will ask the Parish Lady to confirm the  boundaries and go from there.  Will keep you posted where I eventually put my posts !!
 :wink:

with "  anticipation "

splodger

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 19:59 »
i wouldn't take any nonsense - from anybody - get to the pc first - and state your case - then give the troublemakers two fingers next time you see them (only joking - just imagine your giving them the salute - it'll still feel good)

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 20:07 »
I would LOVE to do that!  I was just so flabbergasted I felt compelled to share it with you.

Thanks for all your replies I will let you know how it pans out.

:D

Rampant_Weasel

• Potato Varieties
knickers in a knot!
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 20:34 »
surely the parish council should have shown u the boundaries in the first place....and i dont know about other allotments but on my dads the parish council lady regulary inspects them - if the look like they arent being worked she demands to know why and takes the appropriate action.
if the pc sorts it out ur in the clear all the way, best of luck :D

frazzy

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 20:51 »
Wow what a total bunch of nasties .Sound like good old fashioned jealousy to me. i agree with all above tell them  to sling there hooks.
and as for the rubbish if you didn't put it there don't move it . :evil:
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.  byJohn Burroughs:

littlemisssunshine

knickers in a knot!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 20:55 »
No boundaries were shown to me.  I get the impression the plots are not inspected often as there are a few derelict ones.

Nosey-bonk did say I should have been sent a diagram but I wasn't.  

I am sure it will get sorted out. Am rethinking moving the rubbish mind you... :shock:

clip
What should I do about burr knot

Started by Grubbypaws on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post September 21, 2017, 12:05
by Grubbypaws
xx
big problem (knot weed)

Started by catweazle on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 17:45
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 35 queries.