Are you wheat intolerant?

• 39 Replies

monkeybum

Are you wheat intolerant?
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 14:58 »
For those who are wheat/gluten intolerant Lidl have bread machines in this week which have a gf function. Apparently you can make jam etc in them too.

dig4victory

• Experienced Member
Re: Are you wheat intolerant?
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 17:43 »
Any gf officianados have a recipe for gf scones?

A colleague at work gave me her hardly used breadmaker as mine gave up the ghost, her husband is gf and I'd like to make them a little thank you token.

Thanks.

p.s. I heard that you have to use a little extra liquid with gf flour, is this true?

Poolfield2

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 22:51 »
Sorry Dig4 I can manage really good cakes but scones and biscuits are still really "ify". At present I'm into making cakes that are kept moist by containing grated veg, such as courgette or carrot and ground almonds. I can pm you a recip for little cupcakes, any good?

I realise that last year I didn't mention that my gf Christmas puds went down really well and all I did was substitute gf breadcrumbs in my normal recipe.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 22:53 by Poolfield2 »

matilda duck

Re: lactose intolerance
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 21:18 »
It took me years to work out what the problem was. The only advice my doctor could give me was 'you should not give up milk. It contains valuable nutrients', which I did not find very helpful, so now I just eat what suits me.
Most doctors don't seem to believe in food intolerance.
I cook using olive oil or milk free margerine instead of butter, and check all food ingredient labels in supermarkets.

My daughter was born lactose intolerant it's taken 4 1/2 years to get it recognised as an allergy!!  She also can't have soya, eggs or any other form of milk.  She had rice  milk for 2 years but now has to have oat milk.  It's hard and meals out are a rarety :(   She NEVER grumbles.

Poolfield2

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 15:39 »
It must be really difficult especially for a child and eating out must be a nightmare.

Brambles

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 15:56 »
Thank you Poolfield2 for that cake recipe... Daughter no. 4 is wheat intollerant and "nice things" are what she misses out on most.. will def make your cake, sounds delish :)

chrissie B

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 19:37 »
i react to flour but only when i use it not when i eat it but its not been too bad latley as we are on diets and that cuts out  a lot of flour use , no cakes , pastry buiscuits ect .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

matilda duck

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 22:24 »
It must be really difficult especially for a child and eating out must be a nightmare.

Haha the best bit is when we go for a family meal for Christmas! This year there are 16 of us going :ohmy:  I will have to check everything through for Mary but, we have 2 coeliacs as well.  :unsure:  think the pub might shut that day :lol:

Poolfield2

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 22:14 »
A friend found a REALLY GOOD wheat free bread called "Genius" comes in white or brown and it is so much better than the Dietry Specials one. It only seems to be available from Te**o Extra stores though. For me that is a 30 mile round trip and the toll for Severn Bridge so it is just for special occasions, it freezes well.

flowerpower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2009, 02:00 »
I am not good with most wheats or dairy products either; I have to explain to people that I eat like a vegan but with meat and fish!

For those with Children who are not good with wheat, I hear that you can take your pizza base to Pizza Express and they will put on one of their toppings. I guess its best to check with your local branch.

xx
wheat less bread recipes

Started by Gwiz on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

20 Replies
Last post May 13, 2010, 17:09
by titch
xx
Whole Wheat Bread for the oven!

Started by Becky H on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

11 Replies
Last post September 13, 2010, 10:57
by sloegin
xx
any other sugar/wheat free vegans?

Started by eli on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

23 Replies
Last post November 19, 2010, 11:44
by eli
xx
wheat free apple layer cake

Started by kezlou on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post November 19, 2008, 09:35
by kezlou

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 29 queries.