Plastic Storage Containers

• 10 Replies

compostqueen

Plastic Storage Containers
« on: April 11, 2013, 17:04 »
I've been getting really cross with myself today as I've misplaced my Tupperware collection  :nowink: I reckon my OH has done away with it during a house move  >:(  I've found some but I know I had loads of large containers for flour and can I 'eck as like find them.

In the end I had to resort to a supermarket Klip Fresh which has four locking points, none of which actually work.  I have grappled with it til I'm blue in the face but cannot get any one of the four corners to locate and seal the damned thing!    Utter *rap!     Some of the Tuppers that I have got are my mother's 70's jobs -  and earlier- and are still working perfectly

I love the names "Party Susan"  "Carolier"  :D "Cold Cut Keeper"   Ah I've gone all nostalgic now  :blush:

allotmentann

Re: Plastic Storage Containers
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 17:09 »
Yes, the old stuff was definitely far better. I  seem to lose only the lids and can't understand how. It is another of life's great mysteries! :)

Mrs Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 17:15 »
I find the Lakeland storage boxes that look like the old tupperwear are really good. I have had mine for ages and the new ones are the same quality.

I also found some plastic lidded storage boxes which were really washing powder containers which are brilliant for storing my catering sized cake ingredients.

Auntiemogs

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 17:16 »
Yes, the old stuff was definitely far better. I  seem to lose only the lids and can't understand how. It is another of life's great mysteries! :)
Living with the pens, teaspoons and odd socks.. :lol:
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

allotmentann

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 08:27 »
Living with the pens, teaspoons and odd socks.. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes! The problem is - do I throw out the lidless pots? (Odd socks is solved, I wear odd ones!), you can guarantee that as soon as you throw away the pots or buy new pens, the lids and old pens turn up!

Mrs Bee it is worth knowing that the Lakeland ones are good, perhaps I shall have to treat myself to some. Do they make them with homing devices in the lids? :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 08:44 »

You could try contacting tupperware if you ever lose a lid.  I used to sell it and I have got several replacement we by lids after more than 10 years.

Most of my Tupperware is from the 70's.  Still love the stuff

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 09:44 »
Also beware of putting those Klip fresh things in the dishwasher! If you could get them to clip up beforehand, you certainly won't afterwards...
I think the Queen is also a fan of Tupperware? Keeps her museli in it (ma'am!)

allotmentann

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 15:56 »
I would never even have thought to ask for replacement lids! What a good idea. :)

compostqueen

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 15:59 »
You can still buy Tupper online from Ireland so I might treat myself to some new stuff.  A tour of the charity shops is on the cards too  :)  Mind you I think I shall have to grill my husband as to its whereabouts first  :mad:  In the same place as many of my cookery books I fear  >:(

Are the Lakeland ones different to those Klip-its then?

Mrs Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 13:01 »
The LAkeland ones do clip ons but the ones Iam talking about look very much like the tupperware boxes.
Not quite as thick plastic but very sturdy all the same. I have many in different sizes for packed lunches, icecream and the multitude of Citrus that I prep and freeze for the years marmalade.

No, Allotmentann I am afraid they don't come with homing devices in the lids.  :lol: :lol:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 13:45 »
I've got a few of the Lakeland ones.  I never have any problems clipping them over the edges.

xx
Storage

Started by Tykelad on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

9 Replies
Last post February 16, 2011, 19:24
by lincolnlad
question
How much storage?

Started by Goldfinger on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

15 Replies
Last post June 23, 2011, 05:49
by Goldfinger
xx
Turnip storage

Started by Andyroo on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post August 02, 2013, 21:05
by Trillium
xx
home storage

Started by lordthanatos on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post September 13, 2011, 09:55
by NN2Blue

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 28 queries.