Re: Coronavirus questions please
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2020, 20:45 »
"need to stop watching the news and reading the papers I think."

Spot on Aidy!

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2020, 22:43 »
Is it to cold to self-isolate in the poly tunnel?

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 11:06 »
The Walking Dead is, perhaps, a little extreme though. The authorities my take a dim view of beheading people for coughing and looking poorly!

OH has just started watching this from the first series.  Who knows why so long after the event, as it were.  Perhaps he is planning ahead, so he can defend me from the infected  :unsure:  :nowink:  :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2020, 11:18 »
OH has just started watching this from the first series.  Who knows why so long after the event, as it were.  Perhaps he is planning ahead, so he can defend me from the infected  :unsure:  :nowink:  :lol:
Or plan how he could get away with chopping off your head, if you start coughing  :lol: :lol: Axe or chainsaw accident?  ::) :ohmy:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2020, 22:56 »
By series 7 they're really nonchalant about the zombies, hardly missing a beat in their chat as they kill them. Yes, I know they're already dead but .. oh never mind :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 00:20 »
By series 7 they're really nonchalant about the zombies, hardly missing a beat in their chat as they kill them. Yes, I know they're already dead but .. oh never mind :)

As with all these things, we realise the real monsters are people.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2020, 10:54 »
Yesterday at the local Tesco, (where I know the boys and girls).  One said to me, you're not stock piling those hot cross buns are you, I know you eat them everyday.     But they did have a list of what was limited to two/person.
Into the Post Office, the lady behind the counter was wearing blue plastic gloves.    Who can blame her.!  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2020, 19:38 »
I'm keeping a very close eye on the news about this and really feel that those of us at high risk if we catch it should consider self isolation the moment there are cases in the local area. If I was 20 years younger, I'd be far more relaxed about the prospect of catching it and the evidence would suggest that the safest group are young children so closing the schools may be a counter-productive move.
Still, the government has been following the best scientific advice and people like the Chief Medical Officer are not dummies!

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 09:54 »
  Closing schools isn't necessarily to protect the kids. They can still spread it. They are the safest group but they aren't very good hygienically. :wacko:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2020, 12:15 »
  Closing schools isn't necessarily to protect the kids. They can still spread it. They are the safest group but they aren't very good hygienically. :wacko:
That's true but children off school means parents off work to look after them - if those parents are vital - nurses, doctors, police etc...

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 14:18 »
I'm keeping a very close eye on the news about this and really feel that those of us at high risk if we catch it should consider self isolation the moment there are cases in the local area. If I was 20 years younger, I'd be far more relaxed about the prospect of catching it and the evidence would suggest that the safest group are young children so closing the schools may be a counter-productive move.
Still, the government has been following the best scientific advice and people like the Chief Medical Officer are not dummies!

There was a man 2/3 weeks ago before the first community caught case who bought in dried goods and hydroponics. He had respiratory problems and was locking himself in the house and growing veg indoors to keep himself going.

rowlandwells

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2020, 16:52 »
we went to do our monthly shop today and it as normal quite busy plenty of groceries including toilet rolls hand wash the only restrictions where on paracetamol limited to two packs and I only seen one person wearing a face mask

I think good old Donald has acted on the side of caution to try and limit the spread of this virus to the US and I think this country  needs to act and do whatever it takes to try and contain or hopefully stop the spread of this virus to the most vulnerable

I also think we need more information from  the W.H.O what actually caused this virus and what's needed to stop this sort of think happening again maybe people from where this started like China need to change  there eating habits and that's putting it lightly I just hope for all that we can find a cure very soon

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2020, 19:02 »
Fact is they don't know for sure if it did come from another species - it could be a mutant that's naturally happened from a harmless corona virus. The government can't stop it unless they start taking actions like rounding up families to the camp and isolating towns. Even then, one person on the rush hour tube could infect dozens of people who in turn infect dozens more.
Latest statement from the PM admits all they can do is delay and slow it down - this will save lives but I'm afraid many are going to die. If you're a fit 30 year old, expect a bad cold - if you're retired with a few health problems on top, you may well need a high care hospital bed. The benefit of delay is there are others who need those beds, especially in winter - if they can hold off the peak and spread it out then many more will survive than otherwise.
There's a very informative article on that here:
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca
Bit heavy going but worth persevering.

xx
Coronavirus.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post April 11, 2020, 20:05
by mrs bouquet
xx
Coronavirus

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post January 31, 2020, 16:43
by Aidy
xx
Sainsbury's and Coronavirus.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post March 27, 2020, 11:19
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Coronavirus now a pandemic

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post April 15, 2020, 16:34
by Mr Dog

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 53 queries.