annoying flymo DM

• 3 Replies

randombod

annoying flymo DM
« on: November 30, 2009, 21:54 »
I have an old flymo DM rotavator and i am having problems starting it - i have seen it running once but i have a hunch it was fuel in the carb- tried to pull fuel through yet am unable to get any going - just wondering if its worth trying to get it repaired or scrapping it spares or repais ..... all ideas welcome

Gwiz

Re: annoying flymo DM
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 05:44 »
I expect that the carb needs stripping and cleaning, if there has been fuel left in it for a long time.
You will also probably find the pick up tubes filter (gauze) is blocked and you need a new diaphragm (£5-8-ish)
Have you checked for a spark? if you have an old engine with points, you may find that they need a clean also......If that's the case, sing out, I'll post a link to some previous threads.
 :)

johnfh

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 22:34 »
After years of trying to sort things out myself and fiddling with such annoyances I have now adopted a policy of taking such problems to a reliable local dealer.  So far this has saved me lots of frustration and lost time and you can always take it back again if not cured first time.  Depends on whether the machine is otherwise sound and how deep your pockets are but the feeling that it will start when you need it is worth quite a lot I find.
John

randombod

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 16:26 »
thats my thoughts too just wondering if its ecomend such an aging proiduct into the shop?

xx
Flymo DM Help

Started by Nufan182 on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 17, 2013, 10:41
by smud6ie
xx
Flymo dm

Started by cray0752 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post August 13, 2008, 14:09
by Browser
xx
flymo GTA Help

Started by Daytona on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 04, 2017, 21:30
by Daytona
xx
Flymo cable

Started by Spana on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 16, 2009, 08:39
by Spana

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 39 queries.