Strimmer heads

• 0 Replies

Stewarty

Strimmer heads
« on: July 07, 2015, 11:33 »
Our allotment association had 2 petrol strimmers ( a Honda 4-stroke and a Stihl 2-stroke) and an electric strimmer (Stihl) for use by members. I'm the committee member over-seeing machinery, and one of the major hassles is STRIMMER HEADS. Long ago I swore a deep oath never to have anything to do with threading my wife's sewing machines, but strimmer heads are worse!
The problems we find include - having to re-thread the cutting twine; bits breaking off the plastic head; loss of metal grommets that the thread emerges through; heads becoming so tight that we can't dismantle them.
We've tried various makes and designs of heads, but there have been issues of one kind or another with all of them.
Does anybody have any recommendations for particular makes or designs of strimmer heads to minimise problems?
(We find that the heads that fit our Stihl also fit our Honda, which is handy. The thread to attach to strimmer is sunk into the body - we have encountered designs that are completely different, and would never fit our strimmers).

xx
advice on strimmer / hedge strimmer

Started by The Golden Heap on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2012, 09:32
by smud6ie
xx
JCB Strimmer M25

Started by pipfit on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post August 17, 2010, 18:32
by pipfit
xx
Strimmer

Started by jaycee on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post October 16, 2007, 19:47
by shaun
xx
Strimmer

Started by mdjlucan on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 28, 2017, 23:09
by jezza

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 32 queries.