Re-stringing a Bosch strimmer

• 2 Replies

Goosegirl

Re-stringing a Bosch strimmer
« on: April 27, 2014, 15:26 »
In the past, I have really struggled to re-string my Bosch strimmer because, when I have inserted the two lines in to the holes then pushed them firmly in and replaced the strimmer head, when I've tried to wind it on by turning the wind-on cog, it kept sticking and took a lot of force to do it. Having said that, it did work ok. Last week, and with great intrepidation, I  had to do it again, but this time it wound on ok without a lot of effort. My question is: in the packaging, the line is curled around and is impossible to straighten out when re-threading. Should you insert the lines so they curl in a certain direction - i.e.clockwise or anti-clockwise or shouldn't it matter?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jezza

Re: Re-stringing a Bosch strimmer
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 23:37 »
 hi cut a 6foot length of line place arrows opposite each hole thread line through holes rotate in a clockwise direction with bump feed knob towards you when the line is near spool head cut  in half line is loaded equally on each side  is it a petrol or electric strimmer you havent said which    jezza

Goosegirl

Re: Re-stringing a Bosch strimmer
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 14:45 »
hi cut a 6foot length of line place arrows opposite each hole thread line through holes rotate in a clockwise direction with bump feed knob towards you when the line is near spool head cut  in half line is loaded equally on each side  is it a petrol or electric strimmer you havent said which    jezza
Hi jezza - it's an electric strimmer. I've followed the instruction manual like you have stated, but my question is why was it so much easier this time?

xx
Bosch batteries

Started by savbo on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post September 14, 2010, 13:26
by savbo
xx
Bosch AXT shredder blade

Started by Salmo on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post September 19, 2014, 10:13
by shedmeister
xx
Bosch Rotak 34 Electric Rotary

Started by Chris Bromwell on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post April 08, 2011, 11:18
by Dominic
xx
Power cable for shredder (BOSCH 2500W AXT 25 TC)?

Started by ConfusedGardener on Equipment Shed

18 Replies
Last post May 03, 2013, 12:29
by arugula

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 38 queries.