coco bianco beans

• 0 Replies

jambop

coco bianco beans
« on: September 16, 2020, 09:17 »

So I bought some seeds from Premier seeds last year to try these beans out to see if they are worthwhile growing. I only had a short 3m double row of 20 plants. The description of these beans say that they can be picked when young and eaten like runners, so we tried them that way and the were quite tasty... we ended up eating quite a lot that way. The remaining beans I let grow and dry out. I have just harvested the remaining dried beans and shelled them, the yield for the row was 1.5kg . So the question is are they worth growing? I have to say I think they are actually a good duel purpose bean based on the number of meals we had as green beans and also the fact that we had a very hot dry summer this year even with watering. I think they would have done better in a normal year. The dried beans will go into soup and stews later in the winter. I suppose it could be said that 1.5kg is not that big a harvest but it was a short row and we ate many of them before they could produce beans also beans are expensive here usually about 5€ per kilo. So to anybody thinking about trying them out I recommend them definitely worth while.

xx
Coco bianco beans

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 22, 2020, 14:27
by mumofstig
clip
Coco bianco beans

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 20:18
by jambop
xx
Canna coco compost

Started by Silverpaul on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 10, 2014, 22:24
by 3 allotments
xx
Compressed Coco Soil Compost 10 Litres

Started by Dantheman on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post March 25, 2017, 00:38
by dmg

Page created in 0.424 seconds with 40 queries.