Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
Early Morning Club
« on: March 12, 2014, 04:37 »
Well here I am again, hubby is gently snoring away while I lay here for the past hour trying to get back to sleep with no joy.  So I thought I would come on here and read up on things. It's ever so lonely at this time of morning  :(

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 06:07 »
I sympathise. I feel almost lazy if I am still in bed at 5 because I am such a bad sleeper. But yes, you feel alone when someone is snoring and just can't get to sleep. My hated thing is going out like a light at 10pm then being totally alert by 11 knowing there are hours before you can give up and get up. I used to get up and watch a bit of telly and that sometimes did the trick, but here in Bulgaria TV is sparodic as we watch through the internet and often, like now, reception is not good enough.

What the heck, at least we live in a beautiful country and I don't have to go to work.

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 07:26 »
I'm late this morning having gone to bed about 12:30, but I slept through until 6:00. So sometimes it pays to stay up past 'bedtime' but another time it doesn't work.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

dugless

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 08:05 »
I used to come on in the early hours when I had a medical problem I was surprised how many others were on.
I occasionally am wide awake  at about 1 o-clock and unable to get back, I usually make a cup of tea  and do some work on the computer that dose the trick after about half an hour I feel sleepy.   
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

Ma Lowe

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 09:56 »
I had read through some stuff on here then went over to fleabay and started to feel sleepy by 6am so had another hour or two.

I sympathise. I feel almost lazy if I am still in bed at 5 because I am such a bad sleeper. But yes, you feel alone when someone is snoring and just can't get to sleep. My hated thing is going out like a light at 10pm then being totally alert by 11 knowing there are hours before you can give up and get up. I used to get up and watch a bit of telly and that sometimes did the trick, but here in Bulgaria TV is sparodic as we watch through the internet and often, like now, reception is not good enough.

What the heck, at least we live in a beautiful country and I don't have to go to work.

Tosca the late time I was awake early I read through your blog. Very interesting and well done on making that move it looks great. :)

Trillium

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 16:24 »
I'm often on here about that time for one last look before I go to bed - it's the time difference, about 6 hours.

tosca100

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 17:23 »
Aww thanks Ma, that's very kind of you to say.

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 17:51 »
I had to be up at sparrow-parp today, and set the alarm on the mobile. The blasted thing started doing a notification tinkle at a minute to twelve, and that was it until well gone 4.00am!

I came here to see who was on, and the signal went veeeeery slow for some reason, so I gave up! Shame, we could all have had a jolly natter!

Had a chance to try out the new mattress we had delivered yesterday though, and am well-pleased!

And nadgered now..;0)

Trillium

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 18:23 »
I follow Tosca's blog as well. Bulgarian life seems to be like the 1930's, before electricity and central heating were common  :D Nice to see people making their own of almost everything and keeping life simple and community oriented.

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 20:02 »
I should have put Harrison online he seems to think thats the time he wants to get up. Shame his conversational skills are so rubbish and his typing is poor  ;)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 20:06 »
I should have put Harrison online he seems to think thats the time he wants to get up. Shame his conversational skills are so rubbish and his typing is poor  ;)

You could have a thread for folk with wide awake children in what feels like the middle of the night  :unsure:  There are sure to be a few around  ;)
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Ma Lowe

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 20:25 »
I am hoping I wont be seen at that time of the morning tomorrow or any other day. I have a feeling it has a lot to do with themenwithpaws so i may just have to ride them out and catch up on slep during a quiet time n the day. I am coming back as man thats for sure  :nowink:

snowdrops

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 20:26 »

You could have a thread for folk with wide awake children in what feels like the middle of the night  :unsure:  There are sure to be a few around  ;)

I think that's called mumsnet :lol:

tosca100

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 03:56 »
There is not much chance of a lie in once Bonnie lab knows you are awake. Everyone knows labs are in a perpetual state of STARVING. She doesn't winge or whine, she just occasionally shakes her head which makes her ears flap, and taps her feet on the floor. Managed to hold off till 5 this morning. (we are two hours ahead)

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 06:08 »
My excuse today is that I've been up all night at work! :D

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 55 queries.