Rats

• 5 Replies

teflon

• Experienced Member
Rats
« on: January 18, 2010, 22:37 »
  After a summer &autumn of rat infestation on my plot i thought i would have been well rid of this problem.I've been shooting, trapping &poisoning them regularly over the last few months&along with my brother on the neighbouring plot the death toll is well on the way to the 100 mark.
  But still they come.Not in the same numbers as before,but there is still plenty of evidence of their prescence.
  Is there anything else i can be doing to either deter these beasts from coming up from the nearby river or to kill them in there vile rodent tracks?
  They took half of my sweetcorn last year& destroyed all of my P.S.B.&Ill try anything to prevent a repeat performance this year.

Cheers
  Tel.

Trillium

Re: Rats
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 03:31 »
If you're on an allotment, then the group in charge of the plots are responsible for ridding such pests. Approach the manager/whoever and discuss the severity of the problem.

lacewing

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 06:14 »
  After a summer &autumn of rat infestation on my plot i thought i would have been well rid of this problem.I've been shooting, trapping &poisoning them regularly over the last few months&along with my brother on the neighbouring plot the death toll is well on the way to the 100 mark.
  But still they come.Not in the same numbers as before,but there is still plenty of evidence of their prescence.
  Is there anything else i can be doing to either deter these beasts from coming up from the nearby river or to kill them in there vile rodent tracks?
  They took half of my sweetcorn last year& destroyed all of my P.S.B.&Ill try anything to prevent a repeat performance this year.

We had the same problem on our site a couple of years ago. The council delt with problem by placing poison boxes on all the plots. It's no use  treating just one plot, the whole site  has to be treated. Thankfully we are now  rid of the ghastly beasts.

Cheers
  Tel.
There is no better show of antisipation than a man sowing seeds in a field.

lanky lurcher

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 09:37 »
hi

i got rid of a family of rats that were living under my shed by letting my 2 dogs sniff around and encouraging them to wee in various places around the shed! this seemed to do the trick and the rats moved on!!

Y.E.A.H

• I love growing unusual vegetables!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 12:26 »
rats don't like ferrets poo  :blink:  i heard  they really hate  it 

NICK.STONE

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 13:27 »
rats don't like ferrets poo  :blink:  i heard  they really hate  it 

If teflon wants to travel up to birmingham i've got Four ferrets in a run that do nothing but eat and poo. He's more than welcome to clean them out and keep the spoils

Nick

xx
Rats

Started by chimaera on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post January 13, 2009, 21:43
by Minty
xx
Rats?

Started by ferreter51 on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post July 25, 2011, 21:42
by loam ranger
xx
rats

Started by hoporus on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post June 21, 2010, 09:18
by Livinhope
xx
Rats

Started by Mr Bean on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post February 15, 2009, 14:13
by woodburner

Page created in 0.367 seconds with 36 queries.