Whats the best way

• 4 Replies

nzdunn

Whats the best way
« on: June 05, 2009, 11:59 »
I got all my powders through the post yesterday so wanted to dust the girls, ive had them a week today, they are nearly coming to me now to get hand fed but just that slight hesitation  but its progress, thing is though im wimping out on catching them, had one cornered just there now and it was a perfect opportunity to do it but just couldnt, its not that im scared of them just dont want to hurt them or give them a bad experience of getting grabbed if you know wot i mean, so in the end put the powders in their dust bath, might see if hubby will do it, do you think it would be ok to throw say a towel over them and pick them up that way.    Nickyx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Whats the best way
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:04 »
Thats what I have to do with two of mine that won't come to me  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

8doubles

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:25 »
I use a kiddies pond net to catch the hen which hates being picked up and give her a few grains of sweetcorn by hand afterwards. I think if you miss with the towel it will stir them up even more :D

Bruced

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 21:12 »
Picking up when they are dozing off seems to work for me... Feels mean but better than chasin them around!

nzdunn

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 08:35 »
I was working last nite and had said to hubby to lock the girls away when they had gone to bed, so got home late last nite and hubby was like oh ive had dramas :D :D :D,, basically i have tarpolin over my hen house and it had blown over the doorway so chucks couldnt get in so bless them they went and found their own perches to roost, one was on a branch in a bush very happy and contented and the other was still walking around the place, so hubby walked over and picked her off the branch as calm as you like, hes all smug now as i couldnt catch them during the day, thinks he a bloomin chuck expert now hahahahahhahah     nickyx

xx
Whats the best way

Started by nzdunn on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2009, 13:54
by nzdunn
xx
WHATS GOING ON

Started by Jellyhead on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 08, 2008, 16:42
by Jellyhead
xx
whats best

Started by oborne27 on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 20:33
by oborne27
xx
whats the best way

Started by shaunie on The Hen House

22 Replies
Last post November 18, 2009, 20:10
by karlooben

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 37 queries.