landmaster gardenmaster 80

• 8 Replies

lister22

« on: April 12, 2011, 09:29 »
hi i am new to site and would like to know if any body has instuction manual for a landmaster gardenmaster 80 with a jap 80 engine as just got one and would like to put it back to work on my allotment.thanks.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: landmaster gardenmaster 80
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:36 »
Ebay is often a useful place to find paper copies of such manuals, if you can't find one online. :)

I've moved this to Equipment Shed for the experts to see, but feel free to pop back into Welcome to introduce yourself. :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:43 by argyllie »
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

muckshifter

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 23:07 »
I have a Landmaster 80 that I have recently finished doing a total rebuild on, I do'nt have a manual but if I can be of help give us a shout.

lister22

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 07:42 »
to muckshifter  any chance of a met up to have chat about gardenmaster 80 as i live just down the road in chelmsford.thanks.

muckshifter

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 21:56 »
It just so happens we are arranging a meet up at the Ingatestone Garden Centre on Easter Monday,have a look on Meet Ups for details.
Would your being called Lister 22 have any thing to do with the produce of Dursley ?
If you can't make the Easter Monday meet I'm sure we can sort something out.

ianm

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 20:06 »
Hi All , just spotted this thread and wanted to let you know for manuals check out http://www.internalfire.com/index.php

if you register/login and the then click on the manuals button the JAP engines are listed on there.

just finished the engine & gearbox on my gardenmaster 80 , the chassis still needs wire brushing and the a good coat of blue (does anyone know what blue the origional was ?, mine had green hamerite over it )

regards from sunny north wales :)

Ian.

confucius say "am i fitting an JAP engine to a rotovator or is it allowing me to fit it ?"

muckshifter

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 08:45 »
Hi All , just spotted this thread and wanted to let you know for manuals check out http://www.internalfire.com/index.php

if you register/login and the then click on the manuals button the JAP engines are listed on there.

just finished the engine & gearbox on my gardenmaster 80 , the chassis still needs wire brushing and the a good coat of blue (does anyone know what blue the origional was ?, mine had green hamerite over it )

regards from sunny north wales :)

Ian.

I've found Empire Blue ( Fordson diesel Major colour) a pretty good match.

ianm

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 18:21 »
Cheers muckshifter , just checked ebaygum and there's plenty to pick from , many thanks.

Sylak

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 01:12 »

I too have a Gardenmaster 80 that I would very much appreciate some kind assistance to get going.
After a few attempts to start it, it will make some very satisfying engine noises for about one second and even blow off one puff of smoke from the exhaust. But that is as far as I have been able to take it!

The previous owner was using a 40:1 mix.
However, the data printed on the frame clearly states "One part Castrol XL (SAE 30) oil mixed with 24 parts petrol.". So, I am considering draining the fuel and replacing it with this richer mix.

The other matter is the spark plug.
When I was given this cultivator it came fitted with a NGK spark plug BPMR6A/130-815.
Now, based on the fact that the fuel mix was not correct, I did a quick Internet search and discovered some information on another forum. Apparently the correct spark plug should be a L86C/130-161 (the owner favours Champion). The NGK equivalent is a B6HS/130-712.
I am considering swapping to the new plug. But, can anyone else confirm this information for me please.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:55 by Sylak »

xx
gardenmaster by landmaster

Started by chumpy7 on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post October 04, 2014, 20:31
by chumpy7
xx

Started by tonydix on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 15, 2016, 10:55
by shedmeister
xx
Gardenmaster 85

Started by kevinstigwood on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post March 19, 2007, 20:45
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
Fix problem Gardenmaster 80 cultivator

Started by Sylak on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post May 30, 2015, 22:29
by shedmeister

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 34 queries.