Dirty little madam

• 6 Replies

graces-chickens

Dirty little madam
« on: June 09, 2010, 21:53 »
One of graces chickens has a very dirty bottom, the feathers are all dirty and matted, and so i picked her up and cleaned all her feathers around her bottom and the next day once they had dried she looked much better.  The day after that her feathers around her bottom are just as filty again... why is this... is she lazy.... is anything wrong?   :( :wacko:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Dirty little madam
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:48 »
no it's normal some girls just have no pride in their appearance  :lol:
I have some that have frilly knickers that are too big so no matter how hard they try they can never miss them  ;)
Staffies are softer than you think.

Pretty Chick

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 18:59 »
A couple of my orpingtons often have mucky bottoms because they have lots of fluff around that area and are unable to clear it  :).
I often give them a warm bath with very mild shampoo and blow dry them afterwards - which they love  :lol:.
All lives are precious.

Tazzy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 20:27 »
Love to see a picture of that! You haven't started giving them highlights as well have you  ;)

Pretty Chick

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 20:59 »
You haven't started giving them highlights as well have you  ;)

No, but great idea  ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

graces-chickens

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 21:03 »
A couple of my orpingtons often have mucky bottoms because they have lots of fluff around that area and are unable to clear it  :).
I often give them a warm bath with very mild shampoo and blow dry them afterwards - which they love  :lol:.

i think i shall have to keep doing that then . . some of the others keep pecking her around there and i feel sorry for her :wub:

Pretty Chick

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 21:19 »
A couple of my orpingtons often have mucky bottoms because they have lots of fluff around that area and are unable to clear it  :).
I often give them a warm bath with very mild shampoo and blow dry them afterwards - which they love  :lol:.

i think i shall have to keep doing that then . . some of the others keep pecking her around there and i feel sorry for her :wub:

I'm sure she feels a lot better having a wash  :). Keep doing what you're doing.

wireless
How do I clean dirty vent feathers?

Started by SamT on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post March 07, 2011, 16:44
by joyfull

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 36 queries.