shed floor

• 4 Replies

1jim

shed floor
« on: April 25, 2010, 21:36 »
Hi everyone,
I have just bought a second hand shed on ebay, Ive just found out that it doesnt come with a floor...Thats probably something I shouldve asked first I guess ::) but can anyone tell me how to make a shed floor, the shed is supposed to be 5foot x 5foot and quite solid. The seller suggested placing on a level flagstone base and then using a pallet cut down to size but I really cant picture it in my head, is there a better/simpler way. Thanks guys (ps am a beginer at this, no power on site so if need to do intricate work would beed to be done at home and carried to site in back of a picasso)

1jim

Re: shed floor
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 11:12 »
I have been reading the shed base question and have semi-decided to build  a retaining area with timber, gravel base and place the shed on 3x3 pressure treated timber. As the shed I have does not have a floor do you think I could screw in some 5 foot pressure treated timber boards running across these batons so effectivly using the timber used to raise the shed from the ground as batons for the floor boards, would this be ok?

savbo

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 08:06 »
plan sounds ok but you might not need pressure treated inside the shed - ply should do if the shed walls overhang the floor

Slowgrind

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 09:43 »
Your plan sounds good to me 1jim.
Sheathing ply on 3"X3" or 3"x2". Make a frame the same size as area of your shed then fix bearers at 16" centres nailed in through the ends. Drop some 3/4" sheathing ply on top of the frame to form your floor and Bob's your Mother's Brother! The outside edges of the ply will be a perfect right angle so it helps you to make the frame square.

noshed

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 09:49 »
My B&Q special has a floor made of scruffy ply. It sits on battens which are sitting on cheap flagstones which I levelled, sort of, into the soil. I put slightly bigger battens under mine - just bought some treated timber, about 2x1 I think and nailed them onto the ply.
It has lasted 4 years and seems OK now.
The spare battens I used to support my rasberries for a couple of years until they snapped.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

xx
shed floor

Started by Salmo on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post October 25, 2014, 21:03
by ambodach
xx
Floor for metal shed ?

Started by Petite graine on Design and Construction

26 Replies
Last post July 09, 2007, 22:46
by weeeed
xx
Shed leaking - what's the best way to seal edges to floor?

Started by ptarmigan on Design and Construction

7 Replies
Last post February 02, 2014, 20:43
by 8doubles
xx
Wrapping greenhouse/shed floor bearers in plastic to protect against rotting?

Started by Yana on Design and Construction

12 Replies
Last post August 01, 2013, 10:51
by Welsh Merf

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 35 queries.