Flymo DM rotavator advice needed.

• 50 Replies

Saulty

« on: March 20, 2007, 20:24 »
I am looking for a manual or information that can help me find a manual for the Flymo DM. It has a B&S engine 127cc 3hp. The only number I can find on the engine that I can read is 9647327 01. It is mainly the engine I need info on as it runs a bit rough and by the time it's started I've nearly had a heart attack! :shock:  :(

Thanks in advance.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 22:10 »
I've got a copy of the manual for this machine and I'm happy to email you and any other member a copy.

But only on the understanding that it is for your own personal use and not for resale on ebay etc,

Don't mean to sound petty but I was generously given these by someone I had never met or never will and would like them passed on in the same manner.

PM me with your email addy and I will send them on, may be a day or two as I've not scanned them yet.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

jack russell

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 22:21 »
good on yer richyrich7

nice call
 :wink:
cheers

jr
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

jonnystaines

Manual
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 08:58 »
RIchyrich7 - I have just purchased a 2nd hand rotovator so would be very grateful if you could send me a manual. Cheers Jonnystaines

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 12:07 »
Hi and welcome to the site, PM with your email addy and I'll send them on to you.

davidhunter

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 20:35 »
richyrich7 just joined the site as I found your reply via a google search. I have just bought a second hand flymo DM like the others on here. Just collected it tonight and am now also after the manual for it. Any chance you could email me a copy ? promise it will not turn up on ebay etc.

I presume you have used this rotavator before then ? Do you keep the rear wheels on when rotavating ? I also noticed the metal where the upper bar to the wheels goes is a bit cracked not good need a weld I think. The engine seems to run ok but the guy I bought it off says you should only run it on leaded ? What do the rest of you run it on , unleaded with additives etc.

Anyway thanks for any help.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 20:49 »
Hi David welcome to the forum, I'm running mine on unleaded as per Briggs & Stratton's say so but I found it runs better with the premium higher octane stuff.
The wheels come off and you probably want to get that weld sorted as when you take the wheels off the legs become skids.

davidhunter

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 21:08 »
Hi Rich,

Hello back to you and everyone else. Thanks for the info I just bought a Qualcast Classic 43S cylinder lawn mower the other day and it also runs better on the super unleaded so thats one good thing. Think I will do an oil and spark plug change for good measure.

The metal crack may be a problem though if the legs are used as skids, anyone around Newton Mearns in Glasgow have a welder handy ?

Thanks

David

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 21:12 »
Just found the email I got from B&S

"Thank you for inquiring about our products. You may use regular unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of at least 87.

You may want to remove the head and clean it first before going to unleaded."

Gwiz

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 06:12 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"

there are a few threads about this somewhere. :D

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 08:43 »
Quote from: "gwiz"
Quote from: "richyrich7"

there are a few threads about this somewhere. :D

Must admit not a job I fancy doing with my ltd mechanical knowledge, liable to make things worse   :lol:  mines suddenly decided to stop working  :x  but think it's a carb prob as can't smell petrol on the plug. Probably gunked up with petrol deposits I assume. Can I use one of those carb cleaner sprays on it ?

Gwiz

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 17:50 »
i should think that one or both of the fuel pick up filters are gummed up, if are not getting any fuel up at all.
sometimes you can unblock it a bit by;
remove the air filter, place the palm of your hand over the hole that the air filter covered, turn the choke off, and pull the rope a couple of times.
you should feel your palm getting wet with fuel. if that's the case you may find that will do the trick for a while. if not you may need to remove the carb and clean it out. and its normaly worth fitting a new carb diagphram at the same time (they are very cheap)
if you run the rotovator out of petrol at any time, you can then start to get fuel problems very soon after. :D

davidhunter

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 18:27 »
Are you getting a spark ok ? Not sure how you check this on one of these machines, but I suppose take out the plug attach it to the lead and touch it against the side of the machine. Pull cord and you should see a spark.

This is only a guess maybe someone else can confirm this.

Anyway just had my first go on the garden. hummm. Well its safe to say the flymo is not very capable of digging through the grass as its so full of moss etc. however on a good note the big pile of clay and rubbish soil was easier. I feel my options are hire a much bigger more powerful rotovator or dig over the entire garden first then rotovate.

Any ideas ?

David

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 21:31 »
Thanks gwiz yep I ran it out couple of weeks ago  :oops:

No probs with the spark David, try taking the outer tines off to get through the grass, also loosening the soil a bit with a fork helps. But you may have to rough dig it first. Mines great on rough dug ground, pretty good on soil thats been loosened first, BUT flies across the top of hard compacted soil turning only the top 2".

davidhunter

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 21:47 »
Will have to give that a go can take the outer tines off easily, the dig over may be the way to go though. Will wait and see, mind you was just thinking 2 solid days of rain probably does not help !!

xx
Advice Needed On Rotavator

Started by Blister Bob on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post October 09, 2016, 23:52
by Blister Bob
xx
Christmas Present Rotavator advice needed

Started by alisonwo on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post October 16, 2009, 10:01
by Alby
xx
Flymo DM rotavator

Started by stever14 on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 06, 2010, 05:38
by Gwiz
xx
Flymo Rotavator accessiories

Started by Lotti Digger on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post October 12, 2010, 08:28
by taterfork

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 34 queries.