Advice on choosing appliances.

• 14 Replies

Goosegirl

Advice on choosing appliances.
« on: November 25, 2022, 16:33 »
In the past I used to get the Which? magazine but have stopped subscribing because a lot of it wasn't relevant to me, and it was an expense as well. As it happens, we now need a new dishwasher, induction hob and cooker hood. Is there anyone who could pm me with their best buys for these and copy their assessment of them? It would be much appreciated as my OH is wanting their views as well as other reviews I've got on-line for him.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kleftiwallah

Re: Advice on choosing appliances.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 18:40 »
Good evening goosegirl, our local library holds a years issue of "Which?"  magazine.  Perhaps yours does too?

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 19:40 »
I have a which subscription.

Do you want to PM me any criteria for each, such as price, and I'll have a look for you?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 21:49 »
    Just had a look and it's a massive task. There are:
    • 41 Best Buy dishwashers (18 freestanding, 17 fully integrated, 1 semi-integrated; or 29 full sized, 11 slimline)
    • 26 BB cooker hoods (13 chimney, 4 canopy, 2 island, 5 integrated; or 11 60-69cm wide, 2 80-89cm, 10 90-99cm)
    • 26 BB electric induction hobs (21 4-cooking zones, 5 5-cooking zones; or 14 50-59cm wide, 1 60-69cm, 9 70-79cm, and 2 80-89cm wide)

If you have particular makes / models of each you're interested in, that might be easier.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 21:52 by Yorkie »

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 15:04 »
Mine are all Bosch, except the dishwasher which is Neff.  Same, same.    But, and a big touch wood, I have never had a problem with any of them.  Good Luck,   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 23:15 »
A lot depends on your budget - we've got a Beko dishwasher which is OK but Bosch were and still may be  very good for dishwashers.
Cooker hoods - you should be able to find out extraction rates and noise for individual models.
Induction hobs were invented after I left the fitted kitchen business  :D
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 12:07 »
We had De Dietrich when we did our kitchen on moving in 17 years ago, but sadly the oven blew up when we had a power cut & surge whilst it was on pyroclean. Then had a Neff oven. Now got a Samsung,oven,microwave,dishwasher,fridge & washing machine & they’re good. We’ve had a couple of issues with the dishwasher but they’ve replaced it twice with an upgraded newer model & each one has a 5 year guarantee which we like.
Miele is supposed to be the Rolls Royce but very pricey.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 10:02 »
We have a Bosch dishwasher and a Neff oven and cooker hood. We have a Miele washing machine which touch wood is v good. Can’t comment on induction hob as we have a gas hob. As John says a lot depends on how much you wish to  (can) spend.
We used to have Indesit appliances for many years working on the basis of replacing them when they regularly broke as the cost of an engineer was usually almost as much as a new appliance. ( I attempted repairs beforehand) In recent years we have been able to invest in better brands instead which is obviously a greener option.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 16:21 by Hampshire Hog »
Keep digging

grinling

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2022, 13:17 »
induction hob is neff
*induction pans scoville, ikea and neff(free with hob) Bought scoville in asda £32 set for daughter uni. plugs in
extractor fan elica, they make fans for other companies, very quiet can be cleaned in a dish washer. plugs in.
dishwasher bosch, it is about 23 years old. Currently washing up instead as just 2 of us.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2022, 18:31 »
Currently washing up instead as just 2 of us.
Just 2 of us so we load up over 2 days, popping it on a rinse at night to stop things setting on the plates.

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2023, 11:23 »

Do you want to PM me any criteria for each, such as price, and I'll have a look for you?
Yes please. OH wants all their info on the three best buys for the four-ring electric hobs, canopy cooker hoods and freestanding full-sized dishwashers. It might be best if you  could scan the pages into your pc then put them into a Word doc so I can print it out for him. I know that's going to a lot of trouble but he won't budge on wanting it as he thinks Which? are the best. Personally, I've just looked at various dishwasher reviews to see which ones keep coming up as Which? don't always get it right IMHO.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2023, 21:28 »

Yes please. OH wants all their info on the three best buys for the four-ring electric hobs, canopy cooker hoods and freestanding full-sized dishwashers. It might be best if you  could scan the pages into your pc then put them into a Word doc so I can print it out for him. I know that's going to a lot of trouble but he won't budge on wanting it as he thinks Which? are the best. Personally, I've just looked at various dishwasher reviews to see which ones keep coming up as Which? don't always get it right IMHO.

I don't have a paper copy of the magazine - it's only an online one so I can't scan. Will PM you the details of the top 3 BB for each of these items if they have it.

Goosegirl

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 11:13 »
Many thanks for going to all that trouble. I'll let you know what we decide to get. GG x

Goosegirl

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2023, 10:56 »
Got them all. A Bosch dishwasher, Neff pull-out cooker hood and an AEG electric hob. I tried a firm I haven't used before and they were brilliant to deal with, both in terms of the person at the end of the phone (I got some discount because I ordered more than one item), the delivery went as planned (could have had it the following day), and the chaps who plumbed in the dishwasher were great, and they also said the firm is a good one to work for. I used the  dishwasher yesterday, went in the lounge, then came back after 15 minutes because I thought it hadn't started. Well, it was so quiet that all I could hear was a tiny swoosh. There is a silent mode one can use but it wasn't on! Well pleased and thanks all for your help and assistance.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2023, 17:46 »
Glad to hear it was all helpful  :)

xx
Registering new kitchen appliances.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post February 05, 2023, 14:23
by Goosegirl
xx
Choosing colour for emulsion paint.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

31 Replies
Last post December 09, 2021, 15:31
by mrs bouquet
xx
Gin Advice Please

Started by Elaine G on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post November 30, 2020, 21:06
by jezza
xx
Computer Advice AGAIN, please

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 26, 2018, 13:44
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 50 queries.