This weekend I have mostly...
« on: December 06, 2021, 12:08 »
been turning images like the left into the right.  :D
repaired_kola.png

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: This weekend I have mostly...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 13:40 »
I'm also getting a lot of the left on my laptop  ::)

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 14:10 »
Er? Don't understand the post, sorry, but this weekend I've been Briwax-ing several pieces of antique furniture, and despite a bit of an airflow I got a bit oooff on it, so now am sticking to other less pungent jobs.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 14:13 by Goosegirl »
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 14:21 »
When something goes wrong with a jpeg picture file (like the ones from phones or cameras), it tends to make a mess of the rest of the image after it.  I've spent the weekend learning how to fix the problems. It's something that's been on my wet Friday afternoon project list for a while. 

Here's another example, the image on the left was the original damaged file that's all you got opening the picture on the computer, the image on the right is after I've repaired it.
repaired_table.png
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 14:22 by Lardman »

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 16:36 »
When we were given a Nikon Coolpix (2200), quite a few years ago, (seems ridiculous for so few pixels, but it was a present and our first digital camera, and is still used), there was some software on a CD for editing etc.

The original present was for a different camera, but it certainly didn't work, and the first - and only - few shots we took had great coloured bars all over each picture! After we changed the camera in Jessops, (they moaned like h***, but it was clearly faulty, no wonder they went pop), I just put the pics into the new Nikon software, and hey presto, all the bars had gone, and there was Mrs Growster in all her finery, on my birthday bash when I was sixty or thereabouts!

I'd just love to master Photoshop, but it really is a bridge too far, as its such a powerful application, and it does much more that I really need to have! I now scan using an iPad, and Picscanner Gold, which is fabulous for editing before downloading all those old pics in the albums, then copying across onto the PC for safekeeping!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 16:37 by Growster... »

Lardman

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 09:38 »
No photoshop skill here Mr G, I'm just a button musher  :nowink: this was born out of the need to repair recovered photographs. 

I had a number of professional wedding photographers as clients and some of the post processing stuff they were able to do was amazing. Back then the cost of the equipment was eye watering, things have certainly changed.

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 14:26 »
been turning images like the left into the right.  :D

I hate these, I've been staring at it now for about an hour and even with the revealed image, I still can't get it.
These Magic Eye things drive me nuts...is there a trick?

xx
What are you doing this weekend ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post July 07, 2018, 21:21
by Fairy Plotmother
xx
Extra hour snoozing this weekend

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post October 29, 2018, 11:37
by al78

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 42 queries.