jams

• 5 Replies

Neil Doncaster

• Experienced Member
jams
« on: September 28, 2015, 19:25 »
hello everybody
      Ihave some black berries and raspberries on my allottment but they are ripening in dribs and drabs so I have been freezing them. can i make raspberry or blackberry jam from this frozen fruit and what quantities do i need also is it thr frozen weight or the thawed weight that I use I have got recipies for jam for fresh friut can i adapt these many thanks Neil of Doncaster

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: jams
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 19:28 »
Including the juice, there should be no difference between thawed and frozen weight - so include the juice and use your usual recipes ;)

Neil Doncaster

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 19:29 »
great stuff many thanks

chrissie B

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 10:34 »
I freeze all my soft fruit as you say they come in dribs and drabzits  its better that way so your fruit wont spoil while you wait , i just wish i had room for another freezer , there is the shed .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 13:18 »
Same as Chrissie. Most of the jam I sell is from fruit I've frozen either because I had too much at once or it ripened in dribs and drabs.

chrissie B

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 18:55 »
Well i have news after only a few subtle  hints hubbys going to put small chest freezer in the shed hes picked it and its sutable for sheds and stuff , he just has to extend the electeric to the shed , im hoping before Christmas is upon us so no more strugling to get the festive stuff in with the bread and frozen fruit .
chrissie b

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 35 queries.