Anglian Water - Bits & Bobs

• 6 Replies

Willow_Warren

Anglian Water - Bits & Bobs
« on: February 20, 2015, 11:31 »
Hi,

Following on from the water meter thread have any Anglian Water customers had their free Bits & Bobs fitted?

Hannah :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Anglian Water - Bits & Bobs
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 11:35 »
Sounds interesting.  What are bits and bobs ?

Willow_Warren

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 11:49 »

Mr Dog

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 21:14 »
Yorkshire Water do something similar. I fitted a tap insert in the kitchen but took it back out. It simply restricts the water flow rate greatly increasing the time to fill the washing up bowl, kettle etc. Would probably be very useful on eg a tap you tend to leave running whilst washing hands - won't fit any that we have though.

Willow_Warren

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:06 »
I was thinking about the tap insert, not sure on the use in the kitchen unless you have a separate tap for washing... as you say most of the time in the kitchen you are filling something - wasn't sure how easily a "spray" would be fill  the narrow neck of my bunnies' water bottle?!  I was also concerned about how it would affect the hot water from the combi boiler, all well an good restrictin the flow, but the boiled seems to need a certain amount of flow in order for it to actually pull hot water from it instead of cold!

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 08:26 »
We've just got a new tap with an aerator in it - I'm assuming that's the same thing? It takes a bit of getting used to with the reduced water coming through for filling kettles etc, but it doesn't affect our combi boiler noticeably. Our previous tap needed to be 'on' a certain amount for the boiler to kick in, and this is still the case, but it does work well.

I wash up under running water, so I did want something to reduce our water usage.

Mr Dog

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 20:29 »
I was thinking about the tap insert, not sure on the use in the kitchen unless you have a separate tap for washing... as you say most of the time in the kitchen you are filling something - wasn't sure how easily a "spray" would be fill  the narrow neck of my bunnies' water bottle?!  I was also concerned about how it would affect the hot water from the combi boiler, all well an good restrictin the flow, but the boiled seems to need a certain amount of flow in order for it to actually pull hot water from it instead of cold!

The insert didn't make the water 'spray' any wider than before - didn't make filling our Guinea pig's bottle any harder.

xx
cheap vegan bits and bobs in brighton

Started by eli on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post November 19, 2010, 12:19
by joyfull
xx
useful bits

Started by st0ne5ish on Frugal Living

13 Replies
Last post December 12, 2010, 13:33
by Kleftiwallah
xx
What to do with odd bits of wood!!

Started by GrannieAnnie on Frugal Living

17 Replies
Last post July 02, 2007, 22:18
by GrannieAnnie
xx
cheap (ish) wormery bits - anyone know of a source

Started by jennyb on Frugal Living

6 Replies
Last post May 22, 2008, 11:52
by woodburner

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 36 queries.