Help needed identifying make of greenhouse

• 26 Replies

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
Help needed identifying make of greenhouse
« on: June 28, 2014, 16:58 »
So we've now constructed our recent house purchase from ebay. It has built in gutters, but no stop / down pipe connectors, looking on the www. i need to i.d the brand to get the right bits - anyone got any ideas from the pictures?

TIA!
IMG_20140628_161606.jpg
IMG_20140628_161649.jpg
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator

mjpalin

Re: Help needed identifying make of greenhouse
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 17:42 »
Thanks mum :-)

Also helps knowing it's Hall's :-)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 17:48 »
They sell this model through B&Q & Homebase, it's their cheap & cheerful model, although it's not labelled as such.

I only know cos there was a bit missing when mine was delivered and Homebase gave me the number to call the Halls factory for the bit I needed; very helpful they were as well ;)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 18:42 »
Exactly like my greenhouse.  It was from B&Q :D

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 09:12 »
Thanks mum :-)

Also helps knowing it's Hall's :-)

You did well to get a clear ID there - mine was ordered online from Homebase, processed by Argos, dispatched by Halls, and is apparently a Juliana greenhouse (Danish!)  ::)  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 14:42 »
You did well to get one as good as that on Ebay, MJ!

Looks good!

mjpalin

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 01:15 »

Looks good!

I think we did well for £65 on ebay Growster, didn't quite go back together "square" so a bit of silicone needed in the corners to stop some water getting in, downpipe kit ordered for one side of the guttering, unless I can find the smallest "butt" known to man, we'll have to lose the water from the other side :-(

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 06:19 »

Looks good!

I think we did well for £65 on ebay Growster, didn't quite go back together "square" so a bit of silicone needed in the corners to stop some water getting in, downpipe kit ordered for one side of the guttering, unless I can find the smallest "butt" known to man, we'll have to lose the water from the other side :-(

Looking again at your pics, MJ, is there a way to fix a plastic gutter from the 'wasted' side to carry the water across the back of the greenhouse and into a lovely big butt instead of a small one..;0)...?

I'd suggest that a little ingenious wire-bending to support it would be enough, (no need to buy fiddly brackets, as they never fit in circumstances like this), and you'd double your intake!

We have a contraption consisting of several pieces of gutter, a kitchen roll wall holder (don't ask !), a brick, several pieces of wire, and a short stick, to get the water into our IBC, and it filled in no time! It is on the Patch though, and not a tidy sight, but we desperately need water there as there are no taps, so needs must!

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 06:43 »
Exactly the same as mine, useful to know as I had no idea picked mine up from freecycle.

mjpalin

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 00:19 »

Looking again at your pics, MJ, is there a way to fix a plastic gutter from the 'wasted' side to carry the water across the back of the greenhouse and into a lovely big butt instead of a small one..;0)...?

I'd suggest that a little ingenious wire-bending to support it would be enough, (no need to buy fiddly brackets, as they never fit in circumstances like this), and you'd double your intake!

We have a contraption consisting of several pieces of gutter, a kitchen roll wall holder (don't ask !), a brick, several pieces of wire, and a short stick, to get the water into our IBC, and it filled in no time! It is on the Patch though, and not a tidy sight, but we desperately need water there as there are no taps, so needs must!

I think there probably is a way Growster, but DIY god Mike is currently refusing to play ball (second plot was meant to involve no DIY on his behalf (and he's already put the house up).... i'm hoping he'll soften over time, and realise what a shame it is to be wasting the water when we have to keep going to the tap to fill watering cans!

Growster...

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 06:51 »
Oooh, I'm sorry, MJ, I didn't realise there were politics involved...

I'll let you deal with it and you'll win that way!

;0)

cadalot

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 06:54 »

Looks good!

One side of mine goes down into a plastic watering can ;) the other side now goes to a plastic dustbin with a tap on the bottom
2014-03-09 (03) Greenhouse.jpg
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:58 by cadalot »

kopperdrake

• Experienced Member
  • One Step at a Time
    • Merrybower Homestead
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 09:28 »
Glad I read this thread - that's exactly the same as ours which I paid £100 for three years ago -you've got a bargain there! I'd never grown in a greenhouse before, and after starting everything off indoors for several years, it was an amazing feeling to be able to do stuff outside, but inside. I love the greenhouse so much we managed to acquire a second one for free from some friends - an old '60s one, but solid as a rock. The one like yours is in the background - this is my dad - it took two of us to work out how the thing went together ;)

Come winter time I grab some tealights, my grafting stuff and a cuppa, and sit in the greenhouse, grafting a few fruit trees. It's amazing how quickly a few tealights take the chill off inside - a transparent man-cave :)
2011greenhouse2.jpg

MalcW

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 10:51 »
I'm glad I read this thread too. Mine is 6ft x 6ft but otherwise the same, and was given to me by a fellow plot holder.
One problem I had with mine was the door coming open and then adrift during the high winds. To overcome it I closed the door, then drilled straight down though the upper door track and the top of the door, then just dropped a bolt into the hole. I had no problem with it after that - you just have to remember to lift the bolt out before you try to open the door!

clip
anyone know the make of this greenhouse?

Started by grendel on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2014, 17:15
by grendel
xx
Make your own Greenhouse, anyone tried one of these?

Started by boddy on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post June 07, 2014, 21:42
by grinling
clip
Sunken Greenhouse - advice needed

Started by basketcase on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 09:19
by John
xx
Aluminium greenhouse repair - advice needed please

Started by Hayleynotts on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post January 18, 2016, 11:28
by Trikidiki

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 36 queries.