Have you ever considered showing??

• 3 Replies

Tiggs

Have you ever considered showing??
« on: May 14, 2011, 19:56 »
As a young farmer, I compete at various agricultural shows in the South East and have helped a professional dairy farmer show in Devon, and i alway find it great fun, rewarding, and you become a recongnised face in the small holder and farming world. This year will be my fourth show season, with the first show, Heathfield, in a couple of weeks, where i willl be showing a Berkshire gilt. Over the years i have shown lambs, pigs and this year for the first time, cattle. At the shows many of the people, particularly pigs and sheep, are smallholders who keep a small number of pedigree livestock, and therefore i was wondering do many people using this site, show or would consider it??

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: Have you ever considered showing??
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 20:26 »
Hey Tiggs, can you add your approximate location to your profile please, it helps when we try to answer queries. :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Tiggs

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 21:02 »
My location is Maidstone, Kent  :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 21:07 »
my parents used to show rabbits at agricultural shows all over the country and I am now thinking that next year I will show my sabelpoots (assuming I get a good hatch as I have several rare colours of these rare breed - well rare to the UK anyway).
Do post some photos of your Berkshire as this is the breed I would choose if I have enough land - they are supposed to be our oldest recognised breed and are claimed to be the best tasting  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 39 queries.