E-mail help please

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

E-mail help please
« on: May 25, 2020, 13:00 »
Sometimes I get emails from group organisers, who send the same one to maybe 10 people.   This then gets answered by a few people.  When I want to reply, my reply goes to the last person who replied.  How do I get my answer to go back to the originator.   Thank you,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: E-mail help please
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 15:05 »
In principle, you just need to click 'reply', then change the 'to' address to the one you want your reply to be sent to.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 15:51 »
I knew you would reply to me  :)  Thanks, I will try that,   Stay safe,  Mrs B

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 15:59 »
I should add, that it was only 2 days ago on learned how to send a email to more than one friend.   ;) ;)  Mrs B

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 16:47 »
Many years ago a colleague of mine replied to a company-wide email from the IT department which contained information about some new system or other being introduced.

My colleague knew the member of the IT department and often enjoyed robust banter with him, so he replied to the email with some jolly, and I have to say, expletive-rich banter...

...unfortunately for him, he clicked on 'reply to all' instead of just 'reply', which sent his email to about 2,500 other company employees simultaneously.  :ohmy:  :ohmy:

(He kept his job, but not his reputation!  :lol:)

grinling

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 21:54 »
You should not be able to see other email addresses, or even their replies. It can lead to you being spammed

prakash_mib

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 06:52 »
I know its a pain. Google and iPhone introduced conversation mode (about 10 years ago) and most people find it difficult.
Depending on your model you google like
“iphone conversation mode off“
And then set the conversation mode off. This makes you select email you want to reply.
One kid is handful. Two kids.... Example for chaos theory. Hats off to my mum who managed three...

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 11:08 »
I haven't got a phone, so I am erring on caution and replying back to the originator as originally.   Others cannot see what I have said then.    It is just my thanking her.   But thanks for all the tech advice and interest, regards,  Mrs Bouquet

xx
I'm in the Mail on Sunday (about LPG Gas )

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post April 30, 2018, 11:08
by John

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 47 queries.